Ratings for Dr. Ara J. Robinson

While Dr Ara Robinson may be an adequate psychiatrist; the front office staff at Iowa Psychiatry is atrocious. We asked the doctor's office to work on a referral for us to go to the Mayo Clinic in November and we still do not have the referral in hand in March. The front office person told our insurance company that she wasn't going to do it because it was too much work. The local pharmacy faxed Dr. Robinson's office 3 times to get a prescription authorized only to be told that they never received the fax, that they had done this before and weren't going to do it again. When I asked about some additional lapses in communication; the office personnel said that it sometimes took 2 or 3 times for the person sending the fax for it to go through. To which I said that they had a GD communication problem. My advice is to steer clear of this organization and find a more helpful and caring one that truly wants to help their patients.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Robinson always asks questions about my life and makes me feel comfortable in his office. He makes sure I'm aware of how I interact with my medicines and has discussions with me about what I want out of my treatment instead of just writing prescriptions and sending me on my way.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr, Robinson was very caring and kind. His office staff is extremely helpful.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr . Robinson was the first doctor during the 8 years I have been a patient of one of polk counties state funded mental health centers who actually treated me like a human being.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Very caring and professional. No wonder he has the best reviews.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2014