Ratings for Dr. Leslie M. Weintraub

I was suffering from age-related macular degeneration (AMD). I went to two ophthalmologists previously, and my eyes still hurt and I was not seeing well. My regular doctor finally sent me to Dr. Weintraub who not only discovered my condition, but also was also able to properly correct my vision. I have seen Dr. Weintraub several times, and the waiting room is often full, but she is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2017

Dr. Weintraub is very knowledgeable, genuinely friendly, and is one of the best optometrists in AZ. She ensures you are satisfied with your vision by doing an extremely thorough exam and explaining every option you have. I highly recommend Dr. Weintraub and Catalina Eye Care for a positive and honest experience.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

I immediately felt comfortable walking into Catalina Eye Care. The ladies at the front greeted me and I only waited for a few minutes until I was called back. Dr. Weintraub immediately put me at ease, as I was so nervous about a sudden decreased vision in my right eye. She did a very thorough eye exam, ran tests and diagnosed the problem. I strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr Weintraub has the worst bedside manner. My mom went to her a few times and she acted like my mom was bothering her when she was asking questions in her eye exam. She doesn't have a great bedside manner.

Submitted June 13, 2015

The last 2 reviews look like her staff wrote them. I tried to make an appointment. The first question was do I have insurance. I was then asked how much does insurance cover. I said I get 1 free eye exam every year. They asked if I was sure since I have never seen Dr. Weintraub. I told them I would call my insurance company and then call back. I called insurance, they said yes, I get I free eye exam with NO COPAY, per year. I called her office again and scheduled. The first available was a month later. I was early, waited 45 minutes before I was seen. Her staff asked if I ever have have 'headaches.' I said yes, sometimes. I did not pay a COPAY at the office. I was billed a COPAY. I called my insurance company. They said I should not have a COPAY, but Weintraub's office coded the billing that I have headaches, and that means it was an exam to see why I have headaches! My exam was just suppose to be my yearly (No glasses) exam. I did not go there to 'find out why I have 'headaches!' Now I am forced to pay a COPAY, which is billed by her office. Too bad, she has lost a customer and everyone I can tell about it.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Weintraub has been practicing at a new location since January 2011. Catalina Eye Care in the La Paloma Office Center is a beautiful office with a wonderful staff. Dr Weintraub is experienced, knowledgable and excels in both medical and routine eye examinations.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

The office staff are helpful and welcoming. It was easy to schedule a convenient appointment. The office/waiting room atmosphere is very nice. I only waited about 10-15 minutes for my appointment. Dr. Weintraub is a knowlegable and kind doctor. I would recommend Catalina Eye Care and Dr. Weintraub to anyone looking for a new eye doctor.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2013

Waited longer than an hour in a tiny waiting room that smelled horrible. Here for vision problems and headache.The wait in the smelly waiting room was unbearable.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2010

Dr. Leslie M. Weintraub's Credentials

• University Of Houston - College Of Optometry (Grad. 1988)

Delta Dental