Ratings for Dr. Shama Rasool

Doctor Rasool has been very, very caring and concerned about myself. She is not a judgemental person, but very real. I highly would have no problems recommending her to friends. As I don't advertise that I see a psychiatrist, it would not be appropriate to tell others that I don't know well, or trust. Please realize that she is only there to help you, not to push drugs of any kind on you. You can trust her, as I do. I am not her friend or relative, but a patient, and can honestly say that you will be in good hands. Trust her!!!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

New staff. Excellent caring doctor. 8/12/14

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

If you can't wait more than 3 hours to see her, FORGET IT. The office is total chaos. I had to wait 3.5 hours past my appointment time. It's totally disorganized. I will never go see Dr. Rasool again.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2009

Dr. Rasool is fairly knowledgable and friendly, but she is probably the worst on-time doctor I have ever encountered. Expect to wait at least one hour fifteen minutes and up to two hours thirty minutes (true!) for a visit. I've had to resort to booking appointments two or three months in advance to be the first one in the door, and even then, if other patients arrive early (trying to beat the rush) they will be admitted first if they write their names down first on the waiting list, even if their appointment is booked later. It's not the most comfortable environment to wait in either--the waiting room is very cramped and the air conditioning is constantly on the fritz (several elderly patients literally begged, "I'm dying in here"! in the summer months). The staff is friendly enough (they even will let you pencil in your name before you arrive if you ask them nicely enough, but this just pushes the long wait onto others), but they seem resigned to the poor environment.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2008

Dr. Shama Rasool's Credentials

• Gov'T Med Coll, Kashmir Univ, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India (Grad. 1984)