Ratings for Dr. Howard A. Nelson

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

I thought I had found a dentist after several years and dr nelson was a pleasure to talk to. His staff and the manner I have been treated since being misled has me believing this was intentional.In all my entire life I have never been treated with such a lack of respect. Im not a customer nor even a person in their mind, just some fool that made the mistake of thinking I was being dealt with honorably, like any customer should be. Find some one else you will not miss anything except frustration and rude treatment.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

He is a very nice and knowledgable dentist. The staff is great. I dont like the fact that I make an apt and dont get in for 30 minutes. Its not him that isnt on time, its the scheduling that is maybe over booked. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

Dr. Nelson & Associates Family Dentistry (McKinney TX) practice is not truthful with and misleads patients. The office staff does not inform patients of changes to insurance coverage, and more importantly does not return phone calls. The web site states they are 'in network' with insurance company's. They are not, they won't tell you that unless you ask. Buyer beware, we have now moved to a much better dentist.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2011

Dr Nelson might be a fine dentist, but expect his staff to treat you poorly. I went in for my scheduled exam, but was told they could not see me. I was not provided a reason just asked to come back another day. As a new patient to Dr Nelson I expected him to honor the offer on his website for $1 Exam & X-ray. He did not.We called 3 times to get an explanation and each time were told we would be contacted. We were not. However when confronted Celeste (the billing clerk) said she had called me, but then changed her story to say I had called her and we had discussed the issue. This of course is false. I checked my phone and there is no record of any call to her office or any incoming call from her office. So she has simply fabricated this to make it appear as though they have made some effort to resolve this. I would strongly recommend that you find another dentist or else deal with the landmines the office staff plant for you.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011