Ratings for Dr. Donald E. Stevens

I initially found Dr. Stevens to have an attentive and cordial doctor to patient manner. However, I eventially became unsettled when he prescribed me a rather strong initial dosage of a beta-blocker hypertension medication that almost immediately had me nearly incapacitated with respect to performing my normal and routine physical exercise. When I subsequently informed him that the medication was almost literally bringing me to my knees when even attempting mild exercise his startling response was "So?". He said if I wasn't happy with the medication then I should simply stop taking it. However, he neglected to instruct me that there is a danger of quickly ceasing taking such a drug and that a withdrawal schedule is necessary using reduced dosages. A second rather startling red flag became raised about Dr. Stevens when he diagnosed the results of an x-ray associated with my hip pain as a compressed lumbar disc/root nerve compression problem and referred me to an orthopedic surgeon to discuss lumbar surgery. The surgeon brought the x-ray image forth on his computer and it became immediately obvious to me as well as he that a bone on bone worn hip joint was the cause behind my hip discomfort. Quite startling that Dr. Stevens had apparently missed this evidence. Undermined my confidence in Dr. Stevens so that I felt compelled to find myself another doctor.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Donald E. Stevens's Credentials

• University Of Washington School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)