Ratings for Dr. Philippe J. Quilici

BE WARNED! I called to learn about bariatric surgery procedure. I asked what the costs were and whether my insurance covered the program/procedure when I placed a call to the doctor's office in late May. I was told I needed to come in to a 3 hour class and they would go over all the details. I was there four hours, in that time 4 things happened: 1) I had a 2 minute meeting with the dietitian who told me they could not determine my benefits and I had to call my insurance to determine whether it was covered and what the costs would be 2) there was a 20 minute overview of the surgical procedures and the life styles changes after surgery 3) they took my blood pressure and weighed me (3 minutes or so) and then 4) the doctor "met" with me to tell me I needed to call my insurance to find out if I was covered and then come back to see them. I left INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED that I had wasted 4 hours for no more than 30 minutes of a consultation that could have been avoided by having the receptionists tell me to call my insurance before coming in, or before even scheduling an appointment. The worse part of all, I am now being billed $550 for that visit! BEWARE! $550 for them to waste my time and tell my to call my insurance. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

I wouldn't recommend. A long wait each time in the office. Most of the time the nurse practitioner sees you, he pops in. Heavy scarring for no reason.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2016

Maybe for lap bands, but I wouldn't use him as a surgeon

flag | Submitted January 23, 2016

1) He charged for the initial consultation. They didn't tell me there would be a charge when I made the appointment or even at the time of the appointment. They just sent a bill which was non-reimbursable by insurance. (2) If you get a surgery with Dr. Quilici he charges a $600 "Program Fee" which you have to pay directly to him and it is non-reimbursable by insurance. Guess the thousands he collects from insurance and co-pays just aren't enough. (3) At every office appointment I've had to wait between one and two hours to be seen. (4) First and second appointment he saw me for under 5 minutes while he asked questions from a computer. I guess he did the surgery, but I couldn't tell you because I never saw him before the operating room, in the operating room before I was put to sleep or after I woke up.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

I had gastric bypass in August 08 from Dr. Quilici.He is the best. I had no complications at all.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Very knowledgable, yet down to earth. Dr. Quilici explains everything you need to know in layman's terms so that you fully understand the procedure.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

Dr. Philippe J. Quilici's Credentials

• Univ D'Aix-Marseille Ii, Uer De Med, Marseille, France (Grad. 1979)