Ratings for Dr. John Magalhaes

Stay away from this place! Deceitful practices. Always late ( an hour and a half wait time is normal). Some of the staff members are rude and not helpful.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Appears the overcharging is a way they do business there- the up charging of services is disgusting!!! He wrote an RX for RGP lenses ( been wearing over 35 years) to n exclusive art opticals provider- where you can't get these lenses anywhere but through their office- of course for over 200+dollars!!! Money hungry - NO integrity in his practice! Disgusting practice!! Now I'm out the extra money I had to pay for this Prescription that is USELESS!!!!!!!! Do not go there- go across the street- at least they won't price gouge !

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

They over charged me, told me a year later that my 14 year old had reported the previous year a"medical" condition (floaters they said but my son knew nothing about it) and they at that time did extra tests. I was at that appointment and they never told me my 14 year old had an issue. It was a total scam. I made several complaints and never heard back from them. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!

flag | Submitted October 31, 2015

efficient and professional. very competent doctor, warm and welcoming staff, in dartmouth ma location

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

They texted me 4 times and emailed me another 4 times to confirm my appointment. Which I did the FIRST time. Then when I arrived they told me they didn't take my insurance. Annoying that they didn't bother to check that any of the previous times they texted and emailed me. I left, only to get ANOTHER text and email the next day saying "You missed your appointment-you need to reschedule." When I called to asked them to stop texting and emailing me, the woman who answered the phone was extremely rude and kept cutting me off. She said the system was automated. I asked her to take me off and she was rude to me again. On top of all that, the doctor I saw the previous year intentionally gave me a prescription weaker than what I needed. She even said "I know you want the stronger one, but you can get by with this one." My guess is they wanted me to come back sooner.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Was seen shortly after arriving for scheduled appt. but then waited an hour to actually see the eye dr. Eye exam by dr was good. Dr efficient and professional.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

I've had good and mediocre experiences with eye exams in the past 10 years, but I have to say this is the best experience I've ever had. Affordable and very competent doctor, warm and welcoming staff, all at a great price. Only thing that could be better is if I discovered this place sooner.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I agree with whats being said. AVOID this fraud! I went in for a watery eye situation and ended getting tested for everything but ebola. Ended up with a $1,000 bill (after insurance) & my watery eye is the same. How's he sleep at night & how can the medical community tolerate this?

flag | Submitted January 27, 2015

Stay away. Turned a routine eye exam into a medical condition and also billed my daughter at time ofor exam for (additional tests). Rude billing people Katie in North Attleboro I believe. My lawyer is next. Deceitful thieves. (

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Don't go there. Overcharged me. Billed for service which were not provided.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. John Magalhaes's Credentials

• New England College Of Optometry (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal