Ratings for Dr. Catherine Y. Han

I agree with this last person comment almost to the tee thats excatly how I feel and I am going to have to go to another OB becuase I have been going to Dr. Han for many years now but the last couple have been odd like something change in her and she didn't delivery my baby and I am kind of happy about that I should known that if I was more happy with the Dr. in her office that delivery my baby then her I think that its time to make a change.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Han for the past 5 or 6 years for my yearly exams. The last two years, I noticed a difference in her personality. Last year, I felt a bit uncomfortable because it was very impersonal. This last visit, I had several questions because of some symptoms I've had. She didn't effectively answer any of my questions and the whole experience was so awkward. I would offer suggestions as answers to my own questions and she would reply by saying "that could be it" or "I've had patients who've experienced that, so maybe." Finally I offered my last suggestion and she prescribed a medication for it without even making me feel certain that it's what I needed. I'm a married woman but leaving, I felt like I was an awkward teenager again. It was odd. I'll definitely try a new doctor for my next annual exam, and I still need to find a new doctor now to get my questions answered.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

Dr. Han was on call and attended my baby's birth, though she was not my usual OBGYN. During labor she was very unhelpful, trying to discourage me by saying I hadn't "made much progress" (6 cm!) and trying to push an epidural on me when I didn't want one. After the birth, she was very quiet and I had to keep asking questions to know what was going on ("What are you doing?" "Do I have a tear?" etc.) She applied fundal pressure to my abdomen to release the placenta and then pulled it out by the cord, which I never consented to and for no reason other than her own convenience. I felt that she was not friendly, did not care about me personally at all, and did not respect me. I would not recommend her to anyone who wants to make informed decisions about their own care, or who wants to feel like a human being when they give birth, rather than like a machine that dispenses babies.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2010

Dr. Han is truly an exceptional doctor, but a little too clinical with her patients. She was my OB with my first child and I always felt like I had exactly 5 minutes to ask all the questions that I needed to before my time ran out. I felt like I was just one of the many patients she had to get through during the course of a day. Having said that, when I did deliver, the entire hospital staff had nothing but good/great things to say about her. I wouldn't recommend her for a first time pregnancy.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

Wonderful and good surgean.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2006

Wonderful! Patient, calm and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2006

Dr. Catherine Y. Han's Credentials

• Spanish

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1996)

Top Hospitals in Laguna Hills, CA