Ratings for Dr. Stanley L. Hurst

Dr.Hurst was great. He helped me right away with 2 skin problems. He's the type of Doctor I like: I say what's wrong, he asks some questions, he diagnoses and treats, and I'm on my way- friendly, very knowledgeable and to the point. He seemed genuinely concerned about my pain level during treatment and even explained the process of my treatment when I asked questions. Never did I feel ignored or dismissed. If you want a professional, "get the job done" type of Doctor, then Dr. Hurst is for you.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Hurst contantly talked over me. Half the time we wouldn't let me finish my question and answered something other than what I was asking. Towards the end of my appointment he started to get angry and rushed me out of the appointment. I'm not sure I have ever met someone with as poor listening skills as Dr. Hurst. He was dismisive, insulting and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

My visit went pretty bad overall. I came in, they asked me to fill in about 4-5 pages of paperwork. 30 seconds after I started filling the paperwork, a nurse came in and asked me to join her. I asked if I had to fill in the paperwork, and she told me that it didn't really matter. (She was right, Dr Hurst didn't look at it). I came in for a full skin exam. Dr. Hurst inspected me for about 30 seconds and didn't take the time to go over all body parts (e.g., he missed a problem with my foots, I had to mention that to him). He seemed in a rush to get rid of me, I had to push really hard to get him to provide advices on how to help with my Tinea Versicolor and my Dermatitis. He scribbled a few notes on a green sheet, gave me 4 flyers, and I was gone. Overall it took less than 10 minutes. So all-in-all, I spent over $400 for 4 flyers, and I had to try really hard to get Dr. Hurst to provide tips on treating my issues. I'm quite disappointed.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

The doctor is experienced but he needs to take time to listen to the patients concerns and not get bored with what he may consider as non-challenging/exciting condition. When a patient is taking time and paying to see a dermatologist, he/she is highly concern about his/her condition and it is not right for a doctor, however knowledgeable and experienced he might be, to steamroll through his diagnosis and let the patient know that he is in a hurry to move onto the next thing on his schedule. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone else for this unacceptable bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

I originally came to the UW Derm clinic to see Daniel Berg who comes highly recommended, but he wasn't available so I took a chance on Dr Hurst and I'm really glad I did. He took plenty of time to talk to me, check me over for a couple of different things including a mole that needed a biopsy. I was worried about insurance coverage and they helped ease my mind a bit on that front too. Without going into too much personal detail I just want to say that Dr. Hurst went well above and beyond the call of duty on more than one front. He has a gentle and accurate hand(removed an unsightly facial mole) and seemed to genuinely care about getting a good result. Plus he took time to make sure I was ok with everything. He was almost overly concerned with the possible pain from the local anaestheic which I assured him was minimal(it was less than a bee sting). A followup for minor cosmetic touch ups went just as well. If you need anything done on your skin - do yourself a favor and see Dr. Hurst.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2012

Dr. Stanley L. Hurst's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Kaiser-Permanente