Ratings for Dr. Theodore G. Lawson

Dr. Lawson is personable but I see a doctor for his knowledge and ability to diagnose issues, both of which Dr. Lawson seems to be limited in. Dr. Lawson loves to hear himself talk but does not listen well. It is very difficult to get a word in edgewise without being interrupted. Every appointment is rushed. Can't diagnose anything out of the ordinary and worse yet, doesn't even try. Will not order appropriate blood tests to diagnose issues but rather sends you off to another doctor. After seeing him for 10 years he could not diagnose a chronic issue. Went to a new doctor who reviewed my records and accurately diagnosed me in 20 minutes. If I was still with Dr. Lawson, I'd still be in poor health. His nurse is 100 lbs overweight, smells like an ashtray and is rude. Front office seems to be half asleep when answering the phone or greeting you in person. There are better doctor's out there. On the positive side, Dr. Lawson is punctual and if you only have a cold, he could be OK for you.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I worked with Dr Lawson as his Physician Assistant while stationed overseas in the USAF. Awesome mentor, organized around current science and all-around great guy! CAPT Gary M. Cole, PA-C

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Lawson for years, my daughter as well. He always explains everything to me and genuinely seems to care about his patients. I refer everyone I know to him!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

Dr. Lawson is always personable and has a warm and pleasant bedside manner. He takes time to explain conditions and the medications and what they do and any side-affects that may be encountered. He reminds me of steps I need to be taking to improve my own health without berating me for my own failures. He seems concerned and follows through in an appropriate manner. I think he is wonderful! His staff isn't all that great but Dr. Lawson is!

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I went to him for assistance in maintaining/controlling my health until I could find a specialist that was able to attend to my disease. I feel he stereo types his patient the min he walks into the room. Reviewed prior history and used it against me instead of listening to my explanation of the incorrect information that was provided. Based on that information he refused to help me, provided a number to a Dr that he claimed would be able to help with my disease but didn't bother to verify that they would take my insurance. I had to find out later after leaving that office that I couldn't even see the Dr that was recommended. When I called him and adv him of this he brushed me off telling me that was the best he could do. In my opinion it is a Dr duty to improve the quality of life for that patient in addition always go above and beyond the expectation of the patient. He does just what needs to be done, I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

Dr. Lawson has always been very informative in correcting any injuries that I have had. He is very thourough in his examinations. He always refers to your history and makes suggestions on issues to look out for and ways to improve your health as you age. I would recommend Dr. Lawson to anyone, and have done so.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2006

Dr. Theodore G. Lawson's Credentials

• Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences (Grad. 1988)