Ratings for Dr. Umalakshmi K. Thotakura

She treated my 12 year old son as an inpatient and never once spoke with me. She also did not see him daily and yet billed my insurance as though she did. I have contested her bill and she has been tenacious in making sure she gets reimbursed for services she did not provide. I am still dealing with her and her collections agency. The issue is clear, she delivered shabby service and should not be paid for it.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

They are ok. They aren't there to be your counselor. They are they to prescribe u suboxone or subutex to get off opiods. They dont ask many questions thats for sure. Im sure they want well being for everyone. You just have to go to all appointments and pay the boat load of money they want. Its really just a money racquet......but hey its is better than doing dope and is a little cheaper. Keepsake and keep normal life.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2014

Her staff is incredibly unprofessional and rude. I don't know if it's a cultural difference, but she doesn't know how to relate to her patients. She always seemed too timid to ask questions and when I would talk to her, she acted like she had no idea what I was saying, looking bewildered. I switched to her husband, which was even worse. Stay away from this practice.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2010