Ratings for Dr. Fairuz Matuk

awesome doctor, surgery was a success very happy feeling wonderful. thanx doc!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2014

After waiting four months for an appointment and speaking with the office staff numerous times, to ensure i had all appropriate and updated files and paperwork, they tell me i needed an updated MRI to present to them and to come back after that is done. They had four months to let me know that i needed an updated MRI, prior to my appointment. And I had to Pay $$ for him to tell me what i already knew and now he wants me to pay $$ again to come back, when he should have been able to review everything at the initial appointment. Now, another waste of time and effort, for a recommendation that can easily be provided by another Neuro Office, as i will never go there again, or recommend to any one that I know.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2014

I went to see him for an IME. At that time he told me that my severe back injury was caused by my having 1 cig. a day and 1 Smirnoff Original Ice per day. He said plenty of exercise and I would be better. I am scheduled for L1 - S1 surgery with Fusion. No one has ever said that and the injury is 25 years old with some hope I can get relief From another surgeon.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2014

A neurosurgeon who does not like taking care of patients or or helping people. Does not like taking "call" in ER so patients are transferred out to another facility. As a certified Stroke Center, Wuesthoff Med Center in Rockledge, Florida.....how can they be stroke certified without a neurosurgeon on call. Hosp lets him get away with "no call".

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Once he went through the options and I said I wanted to leave surgery as a last resort, he was pretty much done with me. I asked about some alternative treatments (shrinking the disk vs removal and fusion) and he dismissed them.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2008

Very quick to recommend surgery and not even consider any other treatment. Loses interest quickly in answering your questions if you seem the least bit not interesting in gettting cut open. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

Dr. Fairuz Matuk's Credentials

• American Univ Of Beirut, Fac Of Med, Beirut, Lebanon (Grad. 1972)

Veterans Administration