Ratings for Dr. Jay More

I have had 4 different surgeries by Dr. More in the past 20 years and although nobody "likes" surgery, Dr. More and his staff have made each one as close to "pleasant" as one can have during these procedures. With regards to pre and post op visits, Dr. More has sat with me during each one and listened to what I had to say and what I thought might be wrong with me. Following my different procedures which were all disc related and necessary, he would sit with me and review what was done in each along with what I could expect as far as pain, when I should start Physical Therapy, etc. I had at least 2-3 post op visits for each procedure and if I needed to see him after that, it was not a problem at all. I'm not sure what the women who claims to be a nurse is talking about in her review. I was never told that I was ALLOWED ONE POST OP VISIT. Dr. More and his staff are true professionals. And Dr. More himself, treated me like one of his family... he really does care!

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. More did a spinal fusion on me in 2005 which was supposed to be a 3 level lumbar fusion, but he decided to do 4 levels. I was a nurse and this surgery ended my career. Post-op I came in following my 1 "allowed" visit because I was still in pain and they would not grant me another visit. He said he granted me an "extra" visit pre-op because I was so nervous about my surgery. DON'T GO TO HIM! He's a pompous jerk and cost me my career. I've been on permanent disability since then and have been wary of further surgery. Trotting down my path 12 years post-op, I have lordosis, scoliosis and kyphosis resulting from pain. Don't get me into getting treated for pain in NJ and in this day and age. I've lost over 2 inches in height, cannot sleep, can only sleep on my back, have shooting pains in front and backs of my legs to below the knee and walk with a cane. I have difficulty standing from sitting, which sometimes takes me 4 times trying before I can finally stand do to nerve pain. I am only 59 years old now but feel 80. I'm now considering surgery again only because my spine is getting more deformed from the pain. I requested his records post-op and he did not write my surgical notes until December 2005 and my surgery was in October of that year. How can he remember my specific surgery 2 months later? DO NOT GO TO HIM HE WILL RUIN YOUR LIFE! Seek at least 3 separate opinions, which is what I am currently doing, before considering this life changing surgery. BTW, I had degenerative changes in my spine which was causing my pain. I wish every day I never met him!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2017

I have observed this Guy bend the truth. He uses the Salesman pitch ~ Other Doctors and nurses use his services etc. He attempted to repair C1 to C6 Forminal Stenosis and tore my Dura in the process. Then in a second surgery ,failed to repair the Dura Leak. Five independent Radiologists can see the leaks on MRI but J More cant see them. I'm now in cronic pain and cant work. While barely making ends meet with disability and my wife's paycheck, he is suing me for the balance $$ he says I owe him for performing two botched surgeries. And sure, I understand people make mistakes, but don’t try to cover it up by knowing I had a Dura leak and not telling me. I may sound like a disgruntled patient and I am. If you don't believe me , just ask him!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

flag | Submitted May 18, 2012

absolutley amazing man...18 plus years of wonderful knowledge

flag | Submitted April 10, 2006

Dr. Jay More's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Bound Brook, NJ