Ratings for Dr. Frank R. Malkin

Dr malkin is my primary care Doctor. He noticed that some of my test numbers came back low and I could have some internal bleeding. We set up a colon osteopathy to see if he could locate the cause and discovered it was lympnoma cancer. I am now in remission and feeling good.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

My review is mixed. I agree that both the staff and Dr. Malkin are not very friendly and sometimes even rude. Call the doctor and the receptionist puts you on hold for a long time right away. Doc is very busy but seems to make time for procedures like endoscopy, colonoscopy etc. His bedside manners are not good and is often late for procedures. He performed lot of tests on me. He also does not seem to explain in detail what he is doing while he is performing those tests. I am not sure whether I would recommend him, but he seems to be experienced in his field.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr. Malkin's for several years now. He has always been pleasant and attentive. I have had ongoing stomach issues and he has helped me with various tests and medications. His office staff is extraordinarily nice and helpful. They have helped me work through insurance issues on several occasions and have always been very pleasant and efficient. He and his office staff are professional and helpful!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2008

I have never had much faith in the heath care provided anywhere. I know that Doctors are not perfect and I try to visit them as little as possible. For many years I had problems swallowing any type of food, it had reached a point that most meals would end before I could finish becuase my throat would completely close. I went to the hospital on several occasions and had received several diagnosises none of them were correct. The last time this happened I looked for another specialist and came I across Dr Malkin.That same morning Dr. Malkin fit me in to his very busy schedule and performed endoscopic surgery on me, he also was able to diagnose my problem as a severe case of esophagitis caused by many years of acid reflux.I know what I need to do to take care of this now thanks to Dr Malkin, and I have not had a problem since then. Thank you Dr.Malkin for restoring my faith in health care, well at least in yours.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2006

Great doctor, I have just switched doctors and decided to go with him on recommendation from many friends who love his work. He was kind and did his job to perfection. He was so much better then my orginal doctor. I would highly recommend choosing him.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2006

First of all, his receptionist is rude and pompous on the phone and in person. Dr. Malkin doesn't care about his patients at all. One of my major problems was plantar fasciitis. He never read my files from the previous doctor whom I loved and respected. Unfortunately, he was killed in a car accident. Dr. Malkin has extremely rude bedside manners. During an annual wellness checkup, he gave me a breast exam, even though I just had my annual ob/gyn checkup a few weeks ago. He did a colonoscopy on me and had my backside exposed for all to see while he was waiting for the sedative to take effect. There was no follow-up on this procedure, even though he removed a pollup. I will never go back to him again.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2006

This guy is so rude & clueless !!!!! My Primary Doctor called him in to try to figure out what was wrong with me & after some tests he said nothing was wrong. I had a temp. for a few months & he couldn't figure out why so he told me to go see a cancer specialist, mind you my blood work was all good. I said why my stomch kills. He said well I don't know what to tell you, Then he said I think you have an anxiety problem I said no I'm pissed off you two can't figure out whats wrong with me,so ya, your my anxiety problem!! So after a few weeks I changed Doctors & my new Gastrologist did all new tests & I had alot wrong with my stomach!!!!! I mean alot & I also had Barrett's Esophagus. The temp. I had believe it or not it was from Gastritis. I started meds. & two days later the temp. was gone. So for your own good stay clear of this jerk. He also does internal med. My primary Doctor was Kathleen Anderson & I dumped her a-- too.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2006

Dr. Frank R. Malkin's Credentials

• University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal