Ratings for Dr. Douglas A. Nyhoff

Stay away from this doctor. No compsssion & will tell you that pain is in your head even when you have a CT report stating you have multiple kidney stones. Will never go back & would never let this doctor do any procedure on me ever.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017

He is very sarcastic and will not prescribe pain medicine even when you go every 3 months bringing an Xray with you. My husband has been a PT> 10 years or more, he has completely followed his instructions. The Dr has done several lithotrispys and basket removal. My husband travels alot for work and the last 3 month visit with an Xray showed and blood in his urine and stones in both kidneys. Dr. Nyhoff.s treatment was go to the ER. Not a compassionant Dr. He has really changed . But we can find a dr. who cares! Dr. Nyhoff has been my husbands Dr. for over 10 years. He has had many kidnr

flag | Submitted October 13, 2014

I'd NEVER go back. He seemed OK at first but he is borderline sadistic. If you have a UTI or a kidney stone, he will NEVER prescribe medicine to help you - he believes it will all resolve itself and has a policy of never giving pain medicine. As someone with chronic kidney stones, I usually have a few pain pills just in case. No doctor has ever disagreed. He will tell you to go to the ER if you have any problems. What a waste of time and health care dollars. It's HIS job to help so we don't waste time in the ER. Who goes to ER for something that has already been diagnosed several times by several doctors? If there is nothing they can do except give some meds to speed the process up and help with extreme pain, why send patients to sit in an ER for 7 hours rather than deal with the problem at home? As someone else said, there are so many doctors who are better, why waste your time with this guy? He will refuse to help you when you really need it.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2009

Please avoid Dr Nyhoff. The office staff is somewhat rude but I would be OK with that if the treatment was helpful. Dr Nyhoff did not call me back to discuss test results. Months went by and then I called when I was sick. He did not call me back. I called a few days later (all the while in agonizing pain) and he did not call back again. He called me back a week later and seemed unaware of the tests he had ordered. Please let me state that I only called when it was a real emergency and I know he was in the office. It was early in the day and nobody ever called me back. I think that is truly unprofessional when you know a patient is in pain. I have found other doctors in Atlanta who are much better.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2009

I ALMOST DIED HE WAS NEVER THERE AND STILL IS NOT MOVE ON

flag | Submitted July 1, 2008

DR NYHOFF WELL SOS FAR SO GOOD I DID NOT LIKE THE STAFF SO MUCH I NEEDED MY DAUG. TO BE WITH ME WHEN U SAY CANCER IN MY FAMILY SOMEONE IS DYING.SO WE ARE ALL VERY WORRIED THEY NOT ONLY WOULD NOT LET HER GO BACK WITH ME BUT WHEN MY 2 YR OLD GRAND DAUG STARTED TO CRY AS 2 YR OLDS DO ONE OF THE STAFF CAME OUT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER PEOPLE AND TOLD HER TO LEAVE AS IT WAS BROTHING THEM 3 OF THE 4 OTHER PEOPLE THERE SAID TO MY DAUG NOW THAT WAS JUST WRONG!!!!!!!!!! BUT ME MYSELF I REALLY LIKED DR NYHOFF TY

flag | Submitted March 11, 2008

Very pleasant and personable - helped me tremendously with multiple bouts of kidney stones, extracted and blasted. Also liked his partner, who gave me great advice on how to reduce the recurrence.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2007

I saw Dr. Nyhoff due to chronic UTI's. He performed a Cystoscopy in the OR. I was having horrific burning post operatively. I called him and he wouldn't even see me! I finally got in with one of his partners who was able to see that I had another infection going on, not to mention, Dr. Nyhoff had taken biopsies of the inside of my bladder that left raw areas that had not healed in over two weeks. Stay away!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2006

I went to Dr. Nyhoff after passing a kidney stone. He ordered X-rays and found another kindey stone. I was disappointed he didn't do anything to break up the 2nd kidney stone. So I passed the 2nd stone several months later, which was not enjoyable at all.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2006

Too rushed. Spends very little time during an appointment when compared to partners in the same practice and compared with other urologists. Seems interested only in getting to the next patient.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2006

Dr. Douglas A. Nyhoff's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal