Dr. Julie Woodward

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Julie Woodward

I take the reviews I read seriously; it helps me form opinions and make decisions, therefore, I'm obligated to give my opinion. After a year and a half, I am thrilled with my blepharoplasty results; Dr. Woodward performed both upper and lower lid surgery on me, in addition to using the under eye laser. Having an Eastern European background with fair skin, my recovery was rough but totally worth it. Looking at many youtube videos and reviews, I am convinced I had one of the most severe reactions to this surgery and a tough recovery. Evenso, I would do it all over again. I decided to get this done on the young side, 45 years old. I think this is a great strategy if you are showing signs of baggy upper eyelids and if you sometimes have bags under your eyes. Be agressive younger, it will be less noticeable and you can always get it done again. My lower eyelids only looked bad if I didn't sleep well or was dehydrated. I was being aggressive getting this done young, but I'm so glad I did. The difference wasn't extreme so while I looked very refreshed, no one called me out on it. I managed to get this done without anyone realizing that I did it, I simply said I got a laser procedure done. What I learned about lower lids is that once you get your fat pads taken out, it never comes back again. It has truly been amazing. I can have a sleepless night or a fun night out and I wake up looking totally refreshed and no sign of baggy under eyes. I love it. It's truly incredible eventhough my issue wasn't big, it was noticeable if I didn't sleep well and now it's undetectible. I am glad that Dr. Woodward isn't too agressive with regards to upper eyelids. This is where being an artist comes into play, which I believe Dr. Woodward is an amazing physician and artist. Last thing you want is to be overdone. And, It's important to have equality in both eyes. This is why you can't be totally out while getting this procedure, and if any doctor offers that, know that your eyes might not turn out looking equal. She has you looking up as throughout the procedure to make sure you are even. In my eyes, there is a slight inequality, however, I did have that beforehand. I was hoping through this procedure it could be evened out, but it was not. The difference is slight however, and I'm still happy with the results. The toughest part of this procedure was getting the numbing shots. Shots are given all around your eyeballs, sometimes feeling like it is going right into your eyeball, which is totally freaky. You are relaxed with some pills beforehand, but you are still awake. But it's doable. There can be long waits in the waiting room but I would rather wait for someone who is a total master at what they do. However, I do wish they would consider revising their policy as there was a super bitchy woman who made a big scene to be seen right away eventough there was a long wait. I had been waiting an hour before she arrived; she was seen 30 minutes before me and many others. It was unfortunate they rewarded her and put her above all others. It was noticed by all. However, the most important thing to me is the final result, and with that I am infinitely pleased. Everything was absolutely worth it and I would do it all again. I traveled to a fun mountain town for Spring skiing and was the only one in my group that was carded during apres ski! Amazing! I will say it shedded a good 10-15 years. Because it is Duke, I would request Dr. Woodward do the procedure and not a fellow that she is overseeing. As it is a teaching institution, it is possible a fellow learning the procedure might have a hand in doing it. The laser under the eyes was also a great add-on for helping skin/wrinkles under eyes; highly recommend. Results aren't overnight, rather, it takes full year to heal. Better and better as time goes by but the swelling truly lasts a very long time, and I followed all post-procedure instructions to a T! Hang in there, it's worth it! Do it, and do it young if you can.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2019

always feel very secure and confident when Dr. Woodward performs any procedure

flag | Submitted May 30, 2019

Dr. Woodard is always so pleasant, A joy to come see her as a patient. Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

fantastic! everyone I have dealt with here is fantastic from the front desk all the way back, everyone is friendly and patient.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2019

Dr. Woodward is very competent. She also happens to be very helpful and LGBTQ friendly.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2019

The entire staff I would just THE BEST!!! I feel like I am coming home.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2019

I am very pleased with the doctor and all the staff with my eye surgery. The hosptal staff were fantastic. I had minimal pain and all my questions were answered. Both dr. Woodward and her fellow were very personable and easy to talk to.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2019

My care throughout the entire process was excellent! I felt very comfortable, and any questions I had were thoroughly answered and explained to me! After my surgery, I called in for a question and was contacted back with an answer so quickly! Honestly, everyone I dealt with during my visits and phone calls were very happy to help and I felt I was in great hands! So happy with my results!!!

flag | Submitted November 28, 2018

Dr. Julie Woodward and her staff are amazing!!! Thank you Dr. Woodward!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2018

The entire experience was top notch. Dr. Woodward is amazing at what she does!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2018

Dr. Julie Woodward's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Spanish

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1993)