Ratings for Dr. James S. Pratty

He really worked to get to understand my situation. He is compassionate and treated me with great respect and today I am doing so much better because of him. I highly recommend him. My depression and irritabily are so much better. My husband feels his treatment of me helped save our marriage.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2018

He is a horrible doctor and he doesn’t care he just wants your money and doesn’t care about your well being I literally spoke to him all together for like 5 minutes he was mean and made me feel worse and i wanted to Kill myself more don’t go to him. He told me he didn’t care multiple times. Worse doctor ever!!!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2018

Horrible experience under the care of this individual. He was supposed to be my dr, but was seen only once by him and then by someone whom worked beneath him (so to speak). Got horrific care and developed gallstones from medication that was rxed. Was eventually put back on regular meds I had told the facility I was on for ten years before being admitted. Pratty is an arrogant man, in my opinion. He doesn’t listen or care, and seems to gauge insurance companies through his facility.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2017

He helped me so much during my last hospitalization. He looked over my medication and medical problems in a way that no doctor has done before. He even called my family doctor to discuss my case. His understanding of medications saved my life.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

My depression has now been stable for almost 1 year and I have remained clean and sober also all because of Dr. Pratty. For the first time in over 10 years I felt confident to go on a vacation with my spouse and kids, and know now that they appreciate me.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

He helped us beyond all that we could have expected with our mother who was having emotional issues related to her Alzheimer's Disease. I now understnad why throughout the country he is considered such an excellent psychiatrist. He has lots to teach other doctors about how to do things right. He took time to meet with our whole family. He reviewed a behavior timeline her behaviors. For now we have our mom back.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Just had my initial session with him along with 2 followup visits and I only wish that I had seen him earlier in my life. He is excellent and he appreciated my questions and loves to teach

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

Dr Pratty has shown care and compassion for all of my psychiatric needs and works in conjunction with my therapist. He correctly adjusted my medication and monitored the correct dosage to get the desired results. He is very knowledgeable and caring. Some other things that I like is that he communicates regularly with my primary doctor and tends to always run on time. I even referred my cousin to him.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2016

This doctor in conjunction with my regular psychiatrist have ruined my life. I have PTSD and have never fully recovered from his abusive nature. He is a very mean and disgusting individual who should not be practicing medicine. I was a terrified pregnant woman who was forced to take medications against my will. My daughter has several medical problems including developmental disabilities. Never ever let this doctor near you or your loved ones.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

I really trust this MD, he goes way beyond other doctors that I have seen.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. James S. Pratty's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1982)

Top Hospitals in Cerritos, CA