Ratings for Dr. Lee J. Skandalakis

Unprofessional, rude and unapologetic, won't even show up to apologize for the patient

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. Skandalakis did hernia surgery on my husband , the hole experience was excellent the staff very professional and the new surgical center was like having a private hospital it was quite and not over crowded like most operating rooms ,I had the impression that each patient was getting the attention you need when you are going to be operated on ,we need more surgery centers like this .and very clean

flag | Submitted August 22, 2014

Dr. Skandalakis is no longer at this address as of three months ago but allowed me to drive an 1 hour and 45 minutes into the city without notice of the change or verbally tell me in two, yes two conversations concerning the appointment, that he had moved. He nurse stated when asked why I had not received any written notice of his move " we did not think it necessary to notify our patients of the move". When then asked why did you not tell me when I called for the appointment she replied " I guess I forgot". Well ok but when you called me to confirm the appointment why did you not tell me she replied "I guess we forgot". Sr Skandalkis performed a hernia surgery in March of this year. I have been experiencing pain in my left groin since September. My physician in November stated I needed to see Dr Skandalkis as he felt the pain was associated with the surgery. After speaking with Debbie today and then the doctor himself it was evident that neither of them had any concern for my welfare.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2013

Dr. Skandalakis recently removed my thyroid and I could not have been happier with him. He is a very skilled and accomplished surgeon, but he is also very caring and willing to listen. I feel very fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

Removed a small tumor from my leg and then ignored me when it became horribly infected and would not see me. He thought I wanted pain meds. Thank God that my main physician saw me and cleared it up with a series of shots over for a few days. It was a staph infection.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2007

Excellent physician. Very caring and informative. Highly skilled surgeon with compassion.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2006

OK bedside/office manner; nothing else is impressive.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2006

Dr. Lee J. Skandalakis's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Delta Dental