Ratings for Dr. Kamyar Cohanshohet

I have been a patient of Dr K for over 4 years. After extensive testing, Dr. K was very diligent in diagnosing my pain and has been overseeing my progress continuously. As of march of last year I have been able to manage my pain with yoga, meditation, and physical therapy. It is likely that I will never be pain free, but I also don't have to rely on medication any more. The program worked! If you are suffering from chronic pain Dr K is your man.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Dr K. Is great ! Unlike other dr's he takes the time to get to k ow you. There's no long wait to see him and your seen within 5 minutes of your appointment time. I really wish that I could still see him but I moved back to MD. When I was in California I drove from Carlsdad to Beverly hills to see him. It was nice that he took the time to figure out what works best for you. In my 8 yrs going to PM doctors he was the best when it came to spending time with me. My appointment would last from 10 minutes to 40 minutes

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

Dr. K is a compassionate and thorough doctor. The office is clean and comfortable, and I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see him. His receptionist, Gail, is friendly and knowledgeable. I hear a lot of horror stories about how pain doctors treat their patients, so I feel lucky that Dr. K is my first experience with pain management. He really listens and always takes the time to share his knowledge with me in a way that I understand. I highly recommend Dr. K as the area's best pain management solution.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

I have been a patient for about nine months. While he has been helpful, his priorities seem to be 1) Financial, and 2) Regulatory. I have NEVER been billed twice in the same month for an appointment, until him. I have seen dozens of PM Dr.s. He takes notes during our seven minute appointments and so does not hear 90% of our conversation. Seems more concerned documenting for the DEA than he is hearing me! Charges me $400.00 before I sit down, not afterwards which is usual. Needs to pay more attention to the patient's well being and not his wallet! 99% of Dr.s will not charge you if you see them a week later. Dr. K , as he bills himself, will!

flag | Submitted May 11, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. K for almost two years. I have been a health care provider for the past 25 years, i place Dr. K amongst the top pain management Doctors in the country. He listens and does not take nonsense, he has the highest regards to laws and regulations at the same time thinks about his patients too.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Dr. K is the best doctor around... he really listens and cares. His medical knowledge is astounding and he always explains everything in detail. He seriously has your best interest at heart and wants to see you living a pain free life. I have two bulging discs at the bottom of my spine and was in such bad shape I could hardly sleep. Thanks to Dr. K my pain level is now bearable and I'm living life again. I could go on and on but the bottom line is if you're in severe pain, go see Dr. K... you won't regret it!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2013

Dr. K is the best doctor I have had in my life. He is caring and involved. Gayle, his assistant, is also wonderful. They are trustworthy and Dr. K is exceptionally knowledgeable on the subject of pain management. He is sometimes a tiny bit late but 10 minutes here or there is well worth the 30 to 40 minutes he spends with each patient. It's too bad Drs like him (Dr. K) are rare nowadays.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2013

I spent years in constant pain, for a host of reasons. I tried it all, including, ultimately, multiple spine surgeries. My surgeon was a great surgeon, and for that I'm grateful. But he sucks at pain management, which I didn't fully realize until my first appointment with Dr. K He changed my life for the better and continues to do so. I went from having accepted that my life might be ok but would be full of pain to learning that I can live a live a good, active life, with my pain under control. Dr. K is that doctor who actually listens to you and what makes sense for you; he's never rushed or dismissive, and as a bonus, his assistant Gail is great, too!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2013

The staff is very professional, I am notified by email of next appointment, the doctor is always ready to provide indept information about treatment options to manage pain

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. K is one of the best doctors I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. Dealing with chronic joint pain is not easy, and he knows how to deal with every issue I've had that's related to pain. He'll even refer you to other doctors he trusts, if he feels a specialist is better suited for your condition. He's thoughtful, considerate, patient, and understanding of your unique needs as a patient. He doesn't just hustle you in and out, like most doctors tend to do after a while. He takes the time to figure out the problem and then gives you realistic ways to help treat or fix whatever you're dealing with. If you are in the LA area, and are in need of a true medical professional, then do not hesitate to give Dr. K a call. And Gayle is great too!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2013

Dr. Kamyar Cohanshohet's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Here at Beverly Hills Pain Clinic, we believe that chronic pain is a serious medical condition. Dr. K doesn’t just treat pain, he understands that pain can affect a person's ability to work, have relationships, or even enjoy the simple pleasures of life. With Dr. K’s help, thousands of patients have been able to resume normal, active and healthy lifestyles. Pain must be diagnosed before it can be effectively treated. Dr. K relies on biomedical diagnostic tests such as MRI and X-ray, as well as a thorough physical examination. Once diagnosed, using optimal treatment strategies of Integrative Medicine to manage patients’ pain and suffering, patients receive individually tailored pain management programs that best suit their physical and psychological needs. Treatments may consist of one or more modalities, including medications, injections, physical therapy, and nerve blocks.

• Harvard University (Grad. 2013)
  • Harbor Ucla Medical Center Graduate Medical Education (Grad. 2003)
  • New York Medical College (Grad. 2002)
  • University of California, Los Angeles (Grad. 1998)

• Vitals Patients Choice Award 2013