Ratings for Dr. Geraldine M. Lenz

Dr. Lenz is perceptive, insightful, compassionate, lucid in her explanations, tolerant of disagreement, prepared for every session, and knowledgeable in the fields of psychology and pharmacology. She can recollect material discussed months, even years, earlier. She is a wonderfully decent human being and extraordinarily good at what she does. For all these reasons she has helped me immeasurably. I cannot praise her enough.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

This is a gifted, intuitive and skilled practitioner. Dr. Lenz helps me to help myself. She is non judgmental. She has helped me through many life challenges. I recommend her without reservations.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2012

I am not someone who usually goes to counseling. My marriage was in crisis, I had suffered a traumatic experience and I was an emotional wreck. I saw Dr. Lenz for 8-10 visits. She did not push drugs or medication. It was more a focus on how I was thinking about things, my emotions and how both of these were shaping my ability to deal with the cards I had been dealt. Best of all, through these sessions, she communicated to me that I - not her - was the one who was responsible for "fixing" things. I was empowered by this theraputic relationship. I have recommended Dr. Lenz to many people who have reported good results. I am puzzled by the other negative review I have read on this site. It was certainly not my experience. I have no memory of "staff" in this office, hence my average rating on that category.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

After losing a child: Only received 20 min each session (supposed to receive 40). Very insulting, offensive, judgemental, cold, etc. Very angry because I kept getting side-effects to drug samples. (She has personal problems) She will make you worse.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2010