Ratings for Dr. Melissa Iglesias

This doctor was super rude. In March 2016, I went to see her because I have four super styes, on both of my eyes, painful and they were infected. I have never have had styes before. I am pretty healthy, in my early 30's and I don't even use glasses. I have never had a problem like this. She helped me by prescribed some antibiotics and then asked me to come to see her the following week. I did and then she checked me to follow up in 3 months. I went back in 3 months for my follow up appointment as she asked and now the styes were chalazions, they were still big, it was affecting my vision and my eyelids were deformed. When she saw me at the waiting room I noticed that she was not pleasant to see me. I thought I was just imagine things. But when it was turn the first thing she said to me was what I was doing there you do not have anything anymore. I told her that the styes were gone since the infection is gone but now I have these chalazion and I have followed her directions but nothing has worked. She said she could not do anything that this "condition" I have now is chronic. I told her that I have research regarding this and she didn't let me finish my sentence and told me that she was not going to discuss with me what I have read on the internet and that if I wanted I could go with another doctor to get a second opinion. I was furious and I even cry,I did not said anything to her just very upset that I wasted my time and co-payment for nothing. I felt humiliated since she make me feel that I was wasting her time like she was doing the consultation for free. I called my insurance to change my primary ophthalmologist and they were able to give an appointment to get a second opinion with Dr. Bobo. OMG!!! what a difference not only as a professional but also as a person. She helped me with different medication and medical procedures and they almost gone. Now since they are completed gone she was humble enough to referred me to an ophthalmic plastic and orbital surgeon and now I am going for my finals procedures to get rid of them completely. I recommend you to see someone else and avoid this lady.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

Dr. Melissa Iglesias's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 2003)