Ratings for Dr. Thomas H. Renard

We were referred to Dr Renard by my son’s pediatrician. He had an abscess that needed to be drain. At his office appointment Dr Renard was very impatient with my son that was already in a lot of pain and barely looked at him and said he needed surgery next day. The day of the surgery at this very expensive facility we had to wait from 9:45 to 12:45 in the waiting room. After the surgery that lasted less than 10 minutes was done he was very rude. He told me to treat my son’s wound in the wrong way. At least his nurse and the anesthesiologist that I talked to after the procedure, begged me not to follow his instructions because i could not use a Vaseline based antibiotic on it. When I asked Dr Renard about the scar that this procedure would leave he said” well, he will not be able to be a hip model”. This is unacceptable, he does not care about the patient or family, he is just a bad doctor.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Dr. Renard is a nice man. However, he performed surgery on my daughter and she's never been the same since. She developed a fever and chills post op and ended up being admitted for an unknown infection. She was treated and sent home. Then, 2 months later same thing, then 2 months after that we did it again. This has been going on since 2005 and she's still struggling. She gets dehydrated because of vomiting and we end up in the hospital. I don't know if its his fault, but she still suffers post-operatively because of the cholecystectomy. I know he's a fine doctor, but beware.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

My daughter had her gallbladder removed in 2005 and was released form the hospital, within 2 days we were back in the ER because she developed high fever of 104 and vomiting as well as diarrhea. Something went wrong and she's still having problems almost 3 years later. Dr. Renard is a nice man but she is still suffering, I don't even know if its his fault, but just beware.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2007

Tom Renard is the best in jhis specialty. He called and cheked on how things were going, listened to us, adn worked in a timely manner to solve our problem.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2006

Dr. Thomas H. Renard's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Southwestern Med Ctr At Dallas, Med Sch, Dallas Tx 75235 (Grad. 1986)