Ratings for Dr. Mynette Foley

I have been using this family practice for 14 years. They are prompt, professional and attentive to their patients needs. I have been seen by several of the physicians thru the years and all are knowledgeable, friendly and efficient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Dr Foley is my regular physician and she is wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2015

Dr Foley is fine, seems a little bit distracted sometimes, but otherwise fine. However, and I don't know whose decision this was, but I am not going back to her office. Here's why: In June I had an annual physical. A totally covered appointment with no deductible or copay. I am not working and we have a really limited income, so I tend to save things up for the annual, right? Last month, I received a bill for $76.00 for the visit. Thinking it was a billing error, I called my insurance company to confirm that they coded the appointment as an annual physical. Yes they did. And they ALSO tacked on an additional office visit code, because I talked to the doc about something and she increased my dose of a current prescription. WHAT? I talked to her office yesterday and the very nice woman who does the billing said that the insurance companies allow them to do that IF they change anything. WTH?? Isn't that why you have an annual physical. I will pay this. But I will never go back and have already put in an app to a new Dr. Very bad policy. Plus, I was never informed of it.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2014

Dr. Mynette Foley's Credentials

• Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans (Grad. 1996)

Commercial Insurance Company