Ratings for Dr. Shala J. Modir

This woman is a malignant narcissist. If you don't know the definition of this term, it's not that hard to understand, but she'd never recommend that you look it up for fear she may be called out on her antics. ALL this woman does is sit and listen to you entertain her with your stories and then prescribe mind altering medications that slam you into a way deeper hellhole than when you first arrived. A brilliant psychiatrist before her (who moved away - I was so sorry to lose her) took a DNA swab test to make sure my body would accept the recommended medications in the first place. Out of 75 psych meds listed in the psych MD dictionary, I was only compatible with 5! I made sure to test Modir and ask for advice on several that I knew my body would reject immediately and potentially cause suicidal thoughts, and she took out her scrip pad and wrote them up instantaneously without any question or explanation of their reactions. And without offering the same DNA test. I read up on this woman before seeing her, and I found that she specializes in "drug rehabilitation." My opinion of her specialty is "replacing bad drugs with bad drugs." Oh, and did I mention that she's a terrible person, doesn't ever show empathy, and that her assistant is just as bad? Get excited for a double standard. You can't be late more than 5 mins for your appointment or you pay, but she can run over with a previous patient for up to 20 mins while you sit and wait. If you want to come out of that room in worse condition , see Modir.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

She is a very caring and intelligent doctor who really listened to me.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2013

The best psychiatrist I've ever worked with.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

Dr. Shala J. Modir's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1999)

Multiplan