Ratings for Dr. Jeffery Wulffhart

Best doctor in Toronto. So sorry he left Family Practice I only grew to appreciate him once he left He was caring , never rushed , funny, compassionate and all in all the very best doctor Toronto has to offer I really really wish there were more doctors like Dr W

flag | Submitted March 25, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Wulffhart for a number of years when he had his own office at 1849 Yonge Street. He was very good at that time; spent time listening to my concerns/issues, was quite punctual with appointments, and had a great receptionist. Shortly after he moved into the joint office at Yonge and St. Clair, his ability to provide quality medical service declined. He always rushed me in and out the door. One of the receptionists at the office noted that while the other MDs book appointments at 20 minute intervals, Wulffhart books patients in every 10 minutes. In my opinion, he was doing that to inflate his revenue at the expense of providing quality patient care. When I tried to have my medical file transferred to another MD in his office, he held onto my file as though he was holding onto a hostage, and I had to pay a significant amount of $$$ to have the file moved over to another MD in the same office. I hope Wulffhart has learned to be a better MD.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. W, and have known him for many years. He has a great personality and the medical profession is lucky to have him as he continues to be a caring doctor. He is empathetic, competent and smart. Whenever he has taken care of me, he listens, examines and is thoughtful with his management plans. He seems very content.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2013

So true all these comments. I have been with him for a long time. After having a diagnosis of a chronic illness at a clinic, I called him to see him to take it further. He never spoke with me, kept on passing messages through the receptionist and i was not comfortable telling her what it was about. Then when I finally got in to see him, he canclled my appointment at last minute. Never followed up on test results, became abrupt, rude, seems as if I was bothering him and just loves to push you through. He was on time most time but he was quite obnoxious as a MD. i finally changed and so happy now.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2009

I agree with the earlier comments that Jeffrey's demeanor has changed since he joined the group practice in the Balmoral building. Before, it was easier to get appointments and I felt that he cared to have me as a patient. This is no longer the case. The receptionists are not friendly, the waiting room is crowded and I usually wait 30 to 40 minutes pass my appointment time to see him. During a recent severe illness, he showed very little interest in healing me. In fact he was rude and angry towards me. In my opinion, my case triggered latent personal issues for him or he may not have known what to do. He did no follow-up even though he was aware that my illness was very debilitating. I found a specialist myself since he took only a token attempt and asked him to sign the referral. He got angry again since he did not want to be a gate keeper (but he is). I refuse to see him anymore. I have been his patient for over 10 years. Fortunately, I have a much better GP now!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2009

Jeff pushes people through. He's a gate keeper. He lets you through to a specialist or he doesn't. He doesn't add much himself. If it's easy to diagnose, he will. Otherwise it's off to a specialist with you or it's all in your head. I had to leave to go to another physician to figure out what was wrong. It was fairly simple. Not common, but shouldn't have taken a rocket scientist to figure it out. Just someone willing to take the time and pay the attention. Jeff was not that doctor. I do NOT recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2009

Left him recently due to a change in the service quality. Always friendly with me, but didn't feel he actually thought of options for me. Do not recall him telling me about expected withdrawal effects from an anti-depressant med I was on, and had i known how bad it would be, would have NEVER begun. It's too bad. Friendly enough guy, but feel he has made his practice into a bit of a conveyor belt.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2009

I've been with him since the late '90s and I tend to agree with most comments regarding his change in manner after moving offices. He seems to view pills/medicine as a cure-all, but does listen - even if he seems often rushed and to be interested most in billing as many patients in a day as possible. I'm trying to a find a new doctor because Dr. W lacks compassion, humor, charisma. I wait to see him often - first in the waiting room and then after I am taken to a room I usually wait another 10 mins.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

Gets up and leaves before I'm through discussing issues. More about him I will not write. Had to leave him and find another G.P. after 10 years. Rating says it all.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

often seems distracted and more interested in getting you pushed out the door than in any real "doctoring".... still go back because it's impossible to find a new GP

flag | Submitted December 2, 2008