Ratings for Dr. Malea A. Jensen

Lacks basic human empathy. Extremely judgmental. Does not listen to patient. Asks personal questions having nothing to do regarding health of patient. Did not even examine me! I was told in 5 minutes she couldn't help me. She questioned everything I told her. I felt like I had to defend my every word. Knowing nothing about me or my life, she started in on my personal goals. Waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

She knowingly prescribed my child medication that does not have a generic equivalent. So my wife gets it filled and pays 20% of the cost instead of a $5 generic co-pay. Why does she do this? According to a pharm rep I know doctors get kick backs on new meds (no generics yet) like these if they prescribe them. So she gets her bonus, and the patient gets stuck with a large bill. Do not use this doctor, as she obviously is thinking of herself and not the patient. Very bad practice. I called and complained, and expected to have a credit of the difference offered to me, or at least some sort of compensation. Other than they apologizing and will keep that in mind going forward, nothing. I explained to my wife how it works, so hopefully it will not happen again either way.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2012

I'm in surgical sales & as such work in ORs with surgeons every day. Malea Jensen is by far the WORST "physician" I've EVER encountered. I went to her with what I found out from the actual physician that is semi-retired but works wknds at Doctors Now is a very potentially life-threatening ischiogluteal bursitis infection, and all she did was prescribe the wrong antibiotic and tell me to sit on hot packs. I have a crazy high pain tolerance but was down 10 pounds because it hurt too much to deficate so I refused to eat for 4 days, but all she did was laugh at me for having "gooch pain" and treated me like a crackhead seeking for pain meds for a fix. I nearly died and she couldn't care less. She refused to drain the infection that was the source of my immence pain because she was too incompetent and careless. I wouldn't send a stray dog to that hack. STAY AWAY AT ALL COSTS!! I did better on my practice MCAT before I even took the weed out OChem than the average DMU grad. Horrific "doctor"

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

she needs to learn to listen to her patients. she needs to ensure that her staf is taking care of needed comomunication timely not days later. she tends to help out her "doctor" friends by sending you to them even if there is no justification for it.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2011

Over the past several months our entire family has switched over to Dr. J from our physicians. She is excellent at listening to the symptoms, asking the right questions and diagnosing the problem. She is efficient, compassionate and knowledgable. Dr. J is now responsible for the care of my husband and myself and our 3 adult children. She cares about the entire person, offers sympathy when needed, gives the straight facts or gives you a swift kick in the right direction.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

I recently switched to Dr. Jensen from another physician, in part due to Dr. Jensen's speciality in diabetes (which I have). I have been quite pleased with her attentiveness!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2006

Dr. Malea A. Jensen's Credentials

• University Of Osteopathic Medicine And Health Sciences (Grad. 1995)

Top Urgent Care Centers in West Des Moines, IA