Ratings for Dr. Barbara Mclaren

I loved her quality of work, she always kept me calm and comfortable. I loved her calmness and how she kept me worry free. I'd go with her again.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

I am currently going to Dr. McLaren for my third pregnancy and I'm not sure about these other women who say she is so great. I came to her at my second month and the first visit was ok, but she did not look so professional. Her white coat was dirty and she never really tried to find out much about me or go over my chart. The next visit she walks in with my chart and asked me if my periods were still regular, I was so confused, because her response was after she realized I didn't answer was "oh its been a long day and after 5pm" My husband says I need to give it time but after having to other children and knowing how this goes I really would like to get another Dr. But I am new to the city and don't want to keep switching. My advice to other mommies to be is look around before you make this your choice.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

I saw Dr McLaren for my entire pregnancy and she was the one who delivered my son. I was not happy with her and probably should have changed doctors during my pregnancy. She was not very welcoming during most visits. This was my first pregnancy and I felt as though she treated me as if I had done this before. When I would ask questions I felt like she thought I should know the answer already. Anytime I had lab work done I would have to ask for the results at the end of the appointment before she walked out because she did not go over them with me during my appointment. When it came close to time for delivery she told me that I would more than likely have to have a c-section because my pelvic was so narrow. After thinking it over for a week I had come to terms with having to have a c-section. At my vist a week later (1 week before my due date) she had flipped flopped and convinced me to try delivering naturally anyways. When it came time to deliver I was in labor all day and finally by 330 in the afternoon I was fully dilated but she did not have me start pushing until 5. I pushed until 8 in the evening and there was no progress, my baby was in the exact same spot for 3 hours. She had to use the suction which is something we had not discussed at all, because had we I would have told her no I did not want that. Finally she decided to call it and asked me what I wanted to do. I told her I wanted a c-section and that I thought we should have done that to begin with seeing as how it was going to be difficult for the baby to pass through my pelvis to begin with. By 830 my son was born. During the whole delivery she did not say one word to me. She was not comforting at all, thank god my husband was there for that, but I still feel that she could have had better bed side manner and been a little more compassionate especially being that this was my first. I have decided not to see her for any of my follow ups and will NOT be going back to her for any future pregnancies.

Submitted October 17, 2014

Dr. McLaren is one of the most compassionate and courteous doctors I have been to see . She not only spoke to me as a human being, she addressed in a respetful manner. After discussing my various female issues, she addressed each one and provided viable solutions. I am now pregnant because of her help. Thank you Dr. McLaren! Will always recommend you and see you for any of my other pregnancies.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Saw this dr for one annual, will not be returning. During my exam, I asked for a hormone test due to EXTREME hair loss. When the nurse called me to go over results was told a hormone test was not requested because the dr did not think it was necessary...would have been nice if she told me that. Upon leaving, tried to pay for my copay and was told by the staff that it had to be run through my insurance first. A couple of weeks later I rec a call from her office that I had a $10 copay due and that they did not accept checks, that I would have to pay by cc over the phone. Told her she could send me a bill for the amt I owed. Never rec anything from them nor did my insurance state that I owed a copay on my explanation of benefits.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

I became pregnant and was not able to see her about 3+ weeks to confirm pregnancy. Since she joined NE OBGYN Associates, almost impossible to get an emergency appointment. The call service they are using is very unprofessional and seems like you get the run around for an appointment. I miscarriaged and as emotional an painful.... Their staff schedules me for 3 day appointment, again waited on hold in the phone and transfer just to transfer to a nurse that never answered or returned my call... I'm sorry I'm moving to another OBGYN! Hopefully she corrects this soon, because more will follow!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

I would definitely recommend Dr. Mclaren to others. I was pregnant with twins and I originally chose her because her office is right next to where I live. Dr. Mclaren was the best choice I could have made and since I went to her with my first pregnancy I plan to go again if I ever get pregnant again. She was kind and courteous. I ALWAYS saw her at my appointments and she was very concerned with how I felt about what was going on and how my body was reacting. I told her upfront that I did not want a C-section unless it was absolutely necessary and I know for a fact that most other doctor's would have disregarded my personal feelings about it since twins were involved. When the day came that I was admitted to the hospital, even though she was not the doctor on call that day, she came to visit and see how things were going. On the day of childbirth I hemorrhaged and if it wasn't for her I probably would have either died or had an emergency c-section. I love this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

I'm was not satisfied with dr. Mc claren. I came in due to an ectopic preg. She asked how long ive been trying to concieve. After telling her I've been trying to get preg for about a year but been with my hudband for 6 yrs and not using birth control. she tells me that I should hold off on trying because there could be something wrong with me. Hasn't she heard of natural family planning (the pull out method). So then she orders me to take a $1000 HSG test and never even follows up with me. She caused me undue worry, shot down my hope in a time of stress, and money. I'm pregnant now, I had my new doct review my test results. He says there was never anything wrong and ectopic preg are common. And ps her front desk girl is not what you expect for such a nice, new hospital.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Very easy to talk to, she was very courteous and respectful. I have recommended her to my daughter and friends. The staff is also very nice and efficient. very nice experience for my first visit..

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Dr. Barbara Mclaren's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1997)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan