Ratings for Dr. Rachel J. Masch

I had 2 appointments with Dr. Masch. The doctor was nice and reasonable; however, I had too many troubles with her receptionist to make or reschedule appointments. First, she never picks up my call. Second, she never return my call even I leave a message. Third, she is not nice at all. I had to keep on trying 2 weeks just to reschedule one appointment because I was suffering from the severe side effect of the medicine the doctor gave me. Although the doctor was nice, I do not think I would like to go through the hustle if I have to make too much efforts to make an appointment.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2013

Stated very simply, Dr. Masch saved the life of my precious grandson and aided Dr. David T. Schwartz in saving the life of my brave and courageous daughter who suffered an amniotic fluid embolism and DIC in 2004. She has since given birth to a second son as Dr. Masch miraculously spared her uterus. We are eternally grateful to her.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

I am so happy I found this doctor. She is absolutely wonderful. I'd also like to mention that she always calls you back the same day if you have any questions. I recently switched insurance, and I am so relieved that she is in the new insurance's network.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

I have had nothing but excellent experience with Dr. Masch and her office staff. I am impressed that she has always called me with test results. I have never had to call the office to get them. The first time I went I was in extreme pain. I couldn't reach my usual doctor and Natalie fit me in that day even though I'd never been to her before. I feel confident that I am in good hands.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2009

Very good with senior patients, especially if you had a hysterectomy and still have your ovaries.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

I've been going to her for about a decade and think she is very patient and thoughtful. I also find that Natalie, her receptionist, is always kind and prompt and helpful. My only complaint is that I sometimes get UTIs that are completely incapacitating--so painful that death seems like a preferable alternative--but when I recently called after hours DESPERATE for her to call in some medication, the answering service refused to put me in touch with her, saying that she wouldn't call in any medication after hours except for the Morning After Pill. Fortunately, I was able to get medication from my GP; if Dr. Masch had been my only recourse, I would've spent the night at the ER.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2009

I went to her on a friend's recommendation but was very disappointed. She and her staff were overwhelmed by the volume of patients. She is a nice enough doctor but I probably only saw her once during the 8 months that I stayed with her during my pregnancy. I saw her colleagues more often than her and they were fine, too. But the office coordination was a nightmare. The secretary/receptionist is completely unapologetic about not acquiring the proper approvals from insurance for ultrasounds and for mischeduling appointments. I got so fed up with the incompetence that I went and found a new OB/GYN being 8 months pregnant. The aggravation of dealing with a poorly managed office is not worth it no matter how nice the doctor is b/c at the end of the day you only see the doctor for a few minutes and deal with the staff most of the time.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2007

I would not usually take part in something like this, but I am APPALLED at the utter lack of professional courtesy this doctor is allowed to get away with. Nice & sweet in person she is, but this is now the SECOND time I have had to wait almost 2 months now, to get her to give me my test results. The first time it took 6 messages over the course of 3 weeks before she finally called me. This time, it has now been again, almost 2 months since the radiologist sent her my ultrasound findings ... I have now spoken with her assistant 4 times, asking that the doctor PLEASE call me with the results... and NOTHING. This is absolutely appalling and I feel like I have no recourse. If she is overwhelmed with too many patients, she can rest assured that once she FINALLY gives me my test results, neither I nor any of my female friends, family, or co-workers will EVER EVER TROUBLE THIS DOCTOR EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2007

I have never met a more caring physician. She took excellent care of me during my pregnancies and afterward. She cares not just about me medically but takes an interest in my overall well-being and that of my family. I feel so lucky to have had her deliver our daughter. Believe it or not, I actually look forward to my GYN appointments because it is such a pleasure to see her.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2007

up and down experiences...felt pressured to have med student in the room, always asks the 'first' name of my boyfriend...if we break-up, i'm really not interested in discussing it with her. is upbeat, but doesn't volunteer a lot of info about test results or procedures...

flag | Submitted August 25, 2006

Dr. Rachel J. Masch's Credentials

• Brown University Program In Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Workers Comp