Ratings for Dr. Shahdad Azmoon

I had a chance to visit Dr. Azmoon with my elderly mother recently. He is truly a great doctor. His humanistic qualities are hard to find nowadays. He is caring and spends ample time with you. I did not tell him I was a CCU nurse, but he knows his stuff. I feel good about my mother's cardiac care. His staff are all very polite and make you feel are at ease offering you drinks and making sure you are comfortable. I would definitely recommend Dr. Azmoon to anyone for their cardiac care.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Last July of 2017, I was hospitalized with a perforated duodenal ulcer and lost a lot of blood in the process. An ambulance brought me to emergency room at San Antonio Regional Hospital where doctors immediately performed a delicate operation to find the cause of the internal bleeding. They found out that my hemoglobin count was approaching 4, which means I am in a very serious condition. Normal hemoglobin count at my age (I was 75 years old when this thing happened) is from 11 to 14. Below 11, say at 10, one is anemic. After the operation, when I woke up at the ICU, the doctors told me that they almost lost me, but because of my strong heart, I survived. I attribute my strong heart to Dr. Shahdad Azmoon. He is my third cardiologist and I am only under his care for only three years. I needed a cardiologist because of my hypertension and my previous two cardiologists, although were able to control it, my feeling was that they have not done much. The first things that Dr. Azmoon did was to have several tests performed to make sure that my cardiovascular system and my heart are still in a very good condition and that my blood pressure is under control. The several tests that Dr. Azmoon performed were not given by my previous cardiologists, except for the treadmill stress test. For me, Dr. Azmoon helped in saving my life. He knew what he is doing and his ears are always open to hear any questions or concerns his patients have, whether in his office with an appointment or over the phone. His staff is excellent and accommodating. Even though the wait to see him is more or less similar to most of any doctor's office, it is still worth the wait. I do not have to say anything more since the bottom line is that he made sure that my heart and my cardiovascular system are still strong, even at my age. I say thank you Dr. Azmoon and hope that you continue to monitor and ensure that my heart and my cardiovascular system are strong. Jorge Gonzales

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Doctor spends more time with my grandma than any other doctor we go to. he really cares and looks at her medication bottles every time. My grandma has felt so much better since seeing doctor, he is the best.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

I started seeing Dr Azmoon last year. My primary doctor sent me to him to clear me for surgery. Right away he asked if their was history of heart disease in my family. When I said yes, he starting saying he want certain test done on. I felt very comfortable because he was making sure that I do not have heart disease. After my test showed everything fine, I was still having sharp pain in chest. So he put me on some medication and order some more tests to be done. I glad he did not think I was imagining things. Most doctor would have done that. The medication has help my pains.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

This office is very efficient and all of their staff take good care of you. Dr. Azmoon is very smart, he sometimes speaks fast so you may have to slow him down, but he spends time with you and will explain everything in a way you will understand. I would not change him for the world, he saved my life and I am grateful to him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2016

He sees all of my family members, he is super-smart, and cares for you as if you are family

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

Very thorough with tests and monitoring throughout the year. Staff don't forget about you and make you feel so comfortable. Even if it is just for bp check. He is a good doctor. I plan on keeping him as long as I can.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2015

Efficient & friendly staff. Dr. Azmoon takes the time to explain all conditions. Made me feel that he cares about my treatment. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

Dr. Azmoon is an excellent young doctor. He saved my life when several doctors I had gone to did know what my problem was, which incidentally did not even have to do with my heart. I owe him my life. I recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2015

I am a patient of Dr. Azmoon and I highly recommend this doctor if you are seeking the care of an excellent cardiologist. He is always very thorough during my appointment and answers all my questions patiently. His office is so beautiful and his staff very professional and compassionate, they make me feel so welcomed every time I come in for an appointment.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014