Ratings for Dr. Mark J. Oppenheimer

He is a jerk to say the least. His staff is very friendly though. Unfortunately, most people aren’t looking for friendly staff, they are looking for a smart doctor with some sort of bedside manner.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2017

NO BEDSIDE MANNER. very rude. Screamed at me and my mother in the hospital. I was a 12 year old at the time. Even the nurses there were upset by his actions. When ever he was on-call he acted as though it was an imposition to have to deal with any emergencies. It got to be so bad that the other 2 endocrinologists that he worked with gave us their home phone numbers so that we could contact either of them if there was a problem and Oppenheimer was on call.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2012

He is very staright forward with his patients and never gives up on them no matter how stubborn they are. I should knowI had a very difficult case All other doctors gave up on me said I had 2 yeats left but because of Dr. Oppenheimer I am still het 13 years later

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011

I went to see Dr. Oppenheimer after another local Endocrinologist failed to treat my Diabetes. When I arrived for my first appt. I found the receptionist to be friendly. Dr. Oppenheimer saw me immediatley. He explained my condition in detail and put me on a treatment plan. His nurse showed me how to use my insulin. I had a thorough understanding before I left. Every week since that day his nurse calls me to get my blood sugar readings. He has adjusted my medication numerous times in an effort to get my Diabetes under control. For me, he has been a great doctor. It seems that he truly cares about me as a person and tries to help me improve my health. I feel he is a good doctor. Sometimes I feel like the staff are a little rude when I call in to give blood sugars but, that has nothing to do with him.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2009

Told me he would not help me get an insulin pump because I didn't have insurance. Told me I needed to get a new job with insurance first and that he didn't even know if he would get paid. All with a smile. Did not give me a full exam or talk about how to get my diabetes under control. Very arrogant.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Not very knowledgeable. Do not recommend

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

I have been seeing Dr Oppenheimer for almost 20 years and he has been a very important part in my healthcare. I have diabetes and he helped me through 2 pregnancies by keeping a tight control over my blood sugars and I have 2 beautiful, healthy children to show for it. When he finds any other problems with my health, he has made sure I get to the right dr to help me. His staff is always very nice and helpful, too. I am sure that I would not be here today if not for the care that Dr Oppenhiemer has given me.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

If Dr. O. had asked the right questions, he would have discovered that prior to seeing him, I was taking my thyroid medication with meals, calcium and soy.(I had never been told, or had forgotten in 35 years, that thyroid med. should be taken on an empty stomach and no food including soy within an hour or calcium within two to four hours.) He gave me a prescription for a different brand of thyroid which I took. After 6 weeks, I told him of several symptoms I was having.However, he said they were not related to thyroid and to come back in a year.I began doing some research, discovering the proper way to take thyroid, and feeling even worse for the next 7 months.I finally had a blood test, discovering I was overmedicated.I sent him the blood test, and he has now changed my dosage twice in the last 8 weeks.I am a little better, but won't know if this dosage is correct for another 4 weeks.It would have been nice if he had listened to me and monitored me more closely.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2008

He was okay.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2006

Dr. Mark J. Oppenheimer's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1981)

Providence