Ratings for Dr. Susan D. Delaney

I can't even begin to explain how scary it can be to trust someone with the very foundation of who you are, let alone allowing for treatment and any potential pitfalls. I have to say that Dr. Delaney has been a miracle for me over the past 2 years. Without going into details about myself, my experience with her has been as a truly compassionate, attentive, and professional doctor. She took charge and helped to get things under control and worked over the course of time to find the minimum treatment needed to give the desired results. In these days of "over treatments" I feel she is a breath of fresh air and does honor to her profession. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking Professional Psychiatric services.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

Dr. Delaney has been my psychiatrist since 2015, and I am pleased with her services. I moved to the Dallas area in late 2014 and knew I would need to find a psychiatrist to refill my medication, but I also wanted to take my time and find a good fit. I found Dr. Delaney online, and I liked (and still like) that she is the “on time” psychiatrist. If you have been to other psychiatrists – or really any doctor – you know that it is very frustrating to show up to your appointment and then wait 30-45 min before you are seen. I am a busy person – we all are – Who can spend half their day sitting in traffic and then sitting to wait in the doctor’s office? Before I relocated to Dallas, I had two psychiatrists (one retired and one died very suddenly). If you have ever been to a psychiatrist, you know that your appointment is usually about ten to fifteen minutes long. Basically, a visit to the psychiatrist (after that initial diagnostic appointment) is a check-in to make sure that you are ok and that your medications are doing what they are supposed to be doing. That’s it. I’ve had appointments elsewhere that I’ve spent 45 minutes waiting, I talk to the doctor for 10 min, and then I’m out with my new prescriptions. This is not how Dr Delaney works. Dr. Delaney spends time with you. In the past, I needed to go to a psychiatrist for prescriptions AND a therapist for therapy. Since Dr. Delaney is a MD doctor AND a therapist, I can go to ONE person for both. My time with her is spent doing some medication check up and some counseling. The sign for Dr Delaney’s office says Psychiatry and Wisdom. Not only does she stay up to date with medical research, she gives practical advice for me to apply to daily life. Is she a mother figure that hugs you, wipes away your tears, and calls you sweetie? No. She is serious, smart, and solution-oriented. Does this mean she doesn’t care? NO, she does care, but she cares by gathering data and by giving you a task, or a set of tasks which snaps you out of your downward spiral. I guess that I have gone to enough therapists who encouraged me to cry and talk, talk, talk, that I have come to realize that you can only do so much talking and crying. There comes a time for getting your life together and taking the research-based advice of a smart doctor like Dr. Delaney.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2017

I saw Dr. Delaney for a period of 2 years after some life-changing events. Under her care I have been able to get "back on track" and keep things in perspective. Dr. Delaney never tried to put me on a bunch of medications which is what I wanted to avoid as well. I wouldn't hesitate to contact Dr. Delaney should the need arise.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I have seen Dr. Delaney for the last number of years, seen her for so long that I can't actually remember when I started. What I do know is that with her care, I have been able to manage my anxiety and depression so much better than I ever previously could. She does not take insurance, but as long as you plan ahead and budget appropriately that will not be an issue. Medication is dispensed at the lowest dose possible and in the most affordable method possible, and only after you have tried suggested behavioral management techniques first. She has only run late in seeing patients once in the many years that I've visited her; more often than not, whenever I get there early by 10 or 15 minutes, she will go ahead and see me once I walk in. I strongly recommend her.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

WARNING!! I would give zero stars if possible. Do NOT see this person. I refuse to call her a doctor. She diagnosed my son within ten minutes as Bipolar even though he did not fit the typical criteria. Put him on such a high dosage of Depakote that the pharmacist REFUSED to fill it because it was so dangerous! With out scientific proof she told my son that he was PERMANENTLY BRAIN DAMAGED and NEEDED TO PRAY TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS. She forced him to write that on a piece of paper and read it aloud. My son had night terrors for two weeks and slept with the Bible on his chest in fear that God would punish him for something that he did wrong. My son has NEVER been suicidal UNTIL THAT DAY but with the love and support of family, friends and professionals he has been able to over come his experience with her. He has since been diagnosed with Panic Disorder and Depression.Which is a far cry from Bipolar. Very easily treated with an Antidepressant and a mild sedative for the rough times. She is extremely rude and will not let the patient talk and is VERY degrading. She told my son that she once treated homeless twins that had demons and that their eyes changed colors right in front of her.. I have filed a formal complaint to the Texas State Medical Board and will happily make the drive to Austin if necessary to testify before the board. This is only MY OPINION but I believe that she herself needs extensive psychiatric help. I deeply worry about the sick, fragile and broken minds that find themselves in her care. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS OUR EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PERSON. EVERYTHING THAT I HAVE OUTLINED IS THE TRUTH ACCORDING TO THAT EXPERIENCE. Do NOT come to this person!!

Submitted June 28, 2017

Dr. Delaney IS the "on time psychiatrist", as she advertises. She is very punctual, very knowledgeable, very kind, and has really helped me a lot. I admire that she does actual therapy as part of her visits, when so many other psychiatrists just crank you in and out for 5 minute med checks. Even though she doesn't accept insurance, I find that the value you get out of your visits with her is well worth what you pay. If you're looking for someone to really take the time to get your diagnosis and meds right, and to work with you on complex issues like diet, exercise, spirituality, substance abuse issues, etc., she's the doc for you. And she's a sex therapist! She's the real deal.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

I made an appointment with Dr. Susan Delaney about 3 years ago. I have never been so happy with that decision. My husband's job has given us the opportunity to live in 5 different states. I have seen 7 psychiatrists in those states. Most I saw only 1 - 3 times. My emotional state was suffering. Moving back to Texas led me to search out Dr. Susan Delaney. I can now live within myself and my family can live with me. She is always prompt to begin on time. She talks with me in a professional, kind way. Sure I have emotional problems off and on. Dr. Susan Delaney is always in it with me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr. Delaney is the BEST Dr. I have ever seen. I have been with her for 5 years and I would never even think of going anywhere else. She is very sweet and understanding. She has never pushed me to do anything that I don't want to do or anything she doesn't think I can handle. My life has changed tremendously and I couldn't have accomplished my goals if it wasn't for her. She is a wonderful listener, she tells me about her life, I tell her about mine (whether its good or bad), and we giggle like little girls. She has always been there when I needed her. Even last year when she went on vacation she left me a number of one of her most trusted colleagues just incase I needed it. Really? Who does that? I WOULD RECOMMEND her to anyone!!!

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

Dr Delaney changed my life. Her skill as a listener, her wide and deep understanding of the human mind and how it can behave or misbehave, and her genuine interest in me as a person are truly amazing. Also, she is amazingly knowledgeable about the various medicines that are available, both new and old. I would still have her as my doctor if I lived 500 miles away, but luckily I don't. She might also be the smartest person I ever met.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2013

This dr susan delaney was condesending and very rude. I wouldnot recommend this dr to anyone. She is judgmental and horribly unprofessional. Don't bother making an appointment, move on and find another dr. I don't know how this women is in practice.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2012

Dr. Susan D. Delaney's Credentials

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School (Grad. 1977)

Ameritas