Ratings for Dr. Barry S. Ephraim

I have been seeing Dr. Ephraim since the 1990s when he had a second office in downtown DC. I simply can't imagine going to anyone else. Quick but very friendly. Exudes competence. I have purchased regular glasses, reading glasses, and contacts with him. His exams, advice, referrals for MD-required problems, and support staff are all top notch by me.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2014

Dr. Ephraim is very consultative, tells you what he's doing as he goes along and fully answers any questions you have. My daughter really likes him too and that's important.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

About 12 years ago, after consulting 5 ophthalmologists over two years for a vision loss problem with no success, Dr. Ephraim was able to refer me to a cataract specialist who solved the problem. I've been seeing him ever since and have received excellent care. His exams are always complete and he and his staff are very helpful in working with my insurance to choose the proper glasses.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Stopped taking insurance without notifying me until the end of the appointment. I decided to stick with them. I missed an appointment (not diverting the blame but a courtesy call would have been nice). He sent a missed appointment fee I was willing to pay then two weeks later sent a late fee, but not only that added extra dollars to the original fee. I can also say my new doctor is more clear on their insurance policies as well.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011