Ratings for Dr. Roy M. Blackburn

❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING This doctor is a bloody terrible doctor who nearly cosr me my leg and my life!!! He is the absolute worst doctor and yet he calls himself a doctor!! If you value your life do not do not do not go to him!!!!! I almost lost my leg and my life due to his malpractice!!!!!!! I had to plea and beg him for 10 minites to give me a tetanus shot and he very very very reluctanly stitched my wound and he flat out refused to clean my wound before and after he stitched my wound . He repeatedly told me that cleaning my wound is not necessary. He was extremely disorganised and said my wound would be fine. He also refused to cover my wound with a sterile wound covering bandages and sent me away with not even a bandage on my wound to stop my leg from bleeding down my leg and into my shoe. He kept telling me that when he practices in the Philippines he does not use bandages nor does he disinfects wounds. I told him this is canada and we disinfect wounds and cover wounds with dressing to combat infections. This doctor kept telling me that i do not need to have my wound cleansed before or after he stitches because he does not do this procedure when he is living and practicing as a doctor while he lives in the Philippines for six month out of the year. He told me all about how he get absolute respect riding his Harley Davisdon wearing his black leathers and living high on the hog with his honey in the Philippines. Well needless to say I didnt fo to him to hear all this nonsense...i went to get a tetanus shot and stitches and to sterilize my wound!!!! So please be warned!!! A very long story short I got a very very extreme infection which quickly developed into SEPSIS caused by this doctors extreme vile malpractice. I ended up in hospital emergency room with iv antibiotics which nearly lost my leg and my life. This was all due to this doctors extreme uncaring laziness and malpractice!!!! If you value your life DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am extremely disgusted with this doctors so called professional. I have reported this doctor to the college of physians and surgeons and hope that he has had his licence revoked!!!!!!! WARNING TO ALL !!!!!!!!!!!! ❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌❌

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I went to Dr Blackburn for a couple of years , he is a wonderful Dr. He was very concerned, thorough and he was very helpful in situations being dealt with at all times , He would always follow through and complete with any situation at hand. Dr.Blackburn was very accommodating and always made me feel very comfortable and very well cared for ,also in regards to any other medical assistance ,therapy , test , pain control ,recommendations etc.! He is absolutely wonderful ! always being aware and caring , also concerned of his patients affordable availability for medication needed as well ! he truly had his patients best interest at all times , working well with myself a very caring and very thorough , Dr. Blackburn always did right by me and he is absolutely Better than most physicians ..

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

Dr. B goes out of his way to help his patients. Shows a genuine concern, has many ideas and options to aid his patience. Wish all Dr.'s were like him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2013

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I had been a patient of Dr. Blackburn's for a few years, and have been trying to return. His bedside manner is great, I don't know what the previous patients are talking about!!! With regard to his lack of insurance acceptance, it's because the insurance companies won't pay him, or pay him in a timely fashion! How can he run a business without money?? Ever think of that? As far as his "Eccentric" personality, I found it wonderful myself! I'm tired of cold, boring doctors who don't have style! His knowledge of politics on the community, his discussions, he's just a great guy. In previous comments people mentioned he types in his computer a lot, and his responses were also right on, he HAS to be extremely diligent in his documentation for the LAW!!! Additionaly, have you noticed that he is one of the ONLY Dr.'s that you receive a copy of your chart notes after each visit for your records??? If my insurance accepted him, I would LOVE to have him back, but for now I can't afford it.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2013

Takes the time to help ensure that I have a good quality of life. I am able to continue to work because of his help and knowledge. I am extremely happy with Dr. Blackburn's willingness to take time to discuss things other than just my medical needs.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2011

Doc was very intelligent and it showed. He was not at all involved with his computer as some state. But being involved with class one drugs and having to report or be audited by the government at any time- I'd want to be computer exact also. He has a fine bedside manner and would still be with him if My insurance had not crapped out. I found him to be eclectic and very interesting and right on his game. Thank you Dr. I'm very sorry I had to stop working with you...Leo

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

Dr. Blackburn is a very compationit Doctor. Some people would call him a little bit excentrick, which can be a good thing. The office is only open Monday, Tuesday, & Wednesday. He only has one person to help in the office (receptionist) which can slow things down. Being a small office means that there are some treatments he can not do that a bigger office could. He is not on anybodies "preferred" lists, which can make the copayments more exspensive. If these things don't bother you then you should try him. He does care and will work with you to find the best possible treatment to improve your quality of life.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2011

I was shocked to read the negative reviews of Dr. Blackburn, one of the most compassionate doctors I've ever met. It's obvious the reviews are written by the same person (note the same mistakes in syntax in every single negative review), probably because Dr. Blackburn is NOT a "pill-pusher," but a deeply caring professional. In fact, since he counts every single pill every office visit, opiate addicts should seek elsewhere. However, if you're in pain you couldn't possibly find a better healer, advocate (he's brave enough to have taken on HMOs and insurance companies many times for his patients) and doctor, who is open-minded enough to recommend alternative treatments such as acupuncture, biofeedback, cognitive behavior therapy or chiropractic. (Note: since he uses a computerized system to avoid mistakes in prescriptions or dosages, the claim that he prescribed a dangerous drug TWICE is not only ludicrous, but legally libelous in my opinion.)

flag | Submitted June 24, 2010

Great doctor:competent,compassionate!Sorry for all angry people:obviously ,guys,YOU NEED HELP!!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2010