Dr. Ednea A. Simon

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Ednea A. Simon

This is our third EEG with dr. Simon, and all the time we have got a very professional and deeply searched opinion. We are very thankful to dr. Simon for her patience and nice attitude, so I can absolutely trust our doctor and I am also definetely sure that my daughter's eeg is under great control.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2019

Very pleased with my experience with Dr. Simon. She has been so helpful and patient as we have journied through parenthood.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2019

Dr Simon has been an excellent doctor. She is helpful and very knowledgable. My son has loved seeing her and she is understanding to his issues and makes him feel very comfortable. We went through a few neurologists before we found her and she has been the best by far.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2019

As always, Dr. Ednea Simon, is wonderful to work with in the caring of my daughter. We have been seeing Dr. Simon for several years now and she is always on helpful and on point with answering any questions I might have and the continued care of my daughter. I am very happy with how well my daughter's 'team' work together.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Mi experiencing en esta clinica es exelente estoy muy contenta con la doctora y con el trato personal

flag | Submitted December 18, 2018

Dr. Simon is kind and concerning to me as a patient. I cannot think of any concerns to be had at all. Any arising issues in terms of my health are able to be addressed and acted upon.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2018

Our experience with Dr. Simon has been great. She is very patient, great at explaining things and very caring. She is is always looking for any signs of risks but at the same time very reassuring which is what parents needs from a doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2018

Dr. Simon is a great doctor with my son Abraham. She explains every step that she does with my son and also answers all my questions. She so nice and kind.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2018

Dr. Simon met our expectations for our son's care and has added a great bedside manner. We believe that she truly cares about our situation and her staff has been very consistent in getting us the help we need for appointments and prescriptions. Thank you Dr. Simon and well done!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

Dr. Simon was very helpful answered all of my questions. She provided me with a list of referrals.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2018

Dr. Ednea A. Simon's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

My love for neurology began during medical school in Brazil. That's when I started to realize how important our brain function is to coordinate our bodies, to give us consciousness and the ability to drive our life. I am especially interested in pediatric epilepsy, an interest which grew after working with newborns and babies with infantile spasms and seizures. Following my residency in Brazil, I tracked children with epilepsy during their first year of life. I love working with children. They are natural fighters and bring such hope to everyone around them – family and medical providers alike. It's important for me to partner with parents to provide the tools their kids need to succeed and thrive. Those tools might be medical therapies or medications. However, I believe the most important aspects of care are often hope and love. My background I came to the U.S. In 1994 – after working for four years as a pediatric neurologist at the university hospital in Campinas, Brazil – to study more about pediatric epilepsy. I especially wanted to learn how PET scans could help us pinpoint the location of a patient's seizures. While doing research here, I met my husband and decided to stay. My family My husband and I are so lucky to be raising our daughters in the Seattle area. We're able to enjoy all the culture and excitement of the big city, while also just a short drive away from nature. Nature empowers me and refreshes my mind and body. We love hiking at Mt. Rainier and hope to reach Camp Muir in the future. We also enjoy travel around the U.S. and worldwide. Our family is working on our goal to visit every national park in the U.S. I have a good time preparing traditional Brazilian dishes like feijoada (a stew with meat and beans) and brigadeiro (a delicious sweet confection). If you ever travel to Brazil, you must try these specialties! My motto I tell my own daughters: You need your heart. But, you also need your brain. So, exercise it to keep it healthy.

• English
  • Portuguese

• Universidade Estadual de Campinas (Grad. 1983)

• Febrile seizure