Ratings for Dr. Thomas Milhorat

Dr. Milhorat is a Neurosurgeon who not only saves lives, but is pure genius and pure love. He cares so much about his patients, and always spends time talking to his patients, listening to them and teaching his patients.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

Dr Milhorat is a brillant neurosurgeon and a very nice man, that said I nearly died after a repair surgery that he had to perform stemming from a pervious surgery he did on me in 1997.... not sure what else to add .Its all true, if some people are offended, remember we all have our own walk and experiences in this life, it is respectful.. and insightful not to tell someone their own experience with your words.....

flag | Submitted November 5, 2013

My 4 children and I were part of a study he did. He is a fantastic MD and a great humanitarian.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

Dr. Milhorat is a great man and a great surgon! I am 17 and When I was told I had a chiari it was the scarest news I have ever got. I went and met Dr. Milhorat and I just new this was the best man to fix my brain. Dr. Milhorat preformed my surgery Nov. '08, and I am so thankful to this man! Even though I sufferd a csf leak after surgery and needed to have a shunt placed I am thankful to him! Each day I get better and better and it is b/c of him and other doctors at TCI. Anyone who is bashing his name is in the wrong, Dr. Milhorat is a great man and so is Dr. Bolognese, regardless of what is being said about them...

flag | Submitted May 18, 2009

One of God's angels walking the earth. He gave me my life back. What can you say about someone who works dawn to dusk helping desperate people in the worst pain imaginable and usually crippled and ****ed from previous NS. He turns no one away. Most will not accept pts. who have suffered botched surgeries but Dr. Milhorat will do everything in his power to reverse the damage and give you back quality of life. You have to meet him to understand and feel the powerful grace this calm and gentle man possesses. A devine blessing to be sure. Too many neurosurgeons do not understand Chiari but perform the surgery anyway. If you get this diagnosis go to Dr. Milhorat no matter what it takes. Even bypass the "big name" hospitals..he gets their patients too. Long Island Jewish hospital is stellar. Thank you Dr. Milhorat also for educating others.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Best most knowledgeable, kind and caring neurosurgeon you will ever meet

flag | Submitted May 29, 2008

I have never met Dr. Milhorat in person (while I was concious). I was slowly dying and after this surgeon loosened my life long tethered cord, I was born to live the rest of my life free of constant pain. I thank the Lord for this man has a gift. Anyone who berates this man, the prognosis was not good for your family member to begin with. Dr. Milhorat's team gives you a definite answer as what to expect post-op. I praise God that Dr. Milhorat was there for me.Linda Covert

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

Dr. Milhorat performed my tethered cord surgery and Chiari decompression/fusion a few months ago (along with Dr. Bolognese.) Dr. Milhorat was SO kind and calm; he also took the time to thoroughly explain the procedures, too. He is a leading researcher in Chiari, started TCI, and is one of the main reasons Chiari patients are starting to get the RIGHT kinds of treatment. I would highly recommend him to everyone suffering from Chiari and related disorders!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2008

"Family member had surgery for decompression of Chiari. Had residuals from surgery; now unable to work, sustained brain damage, and has far less quality of life than before surgery. Family member was unable to get any answers as to results.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007

Dr. Thomas Milhorat's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1961)

Allstate