Ratings for Dr. Karen T Lane

I was impressed by her cheeriness and encouragement the first day I met Dr. Karen Lane at Chao Cancer Center. After assuring me that my advanced stage cancer will face a fierce fight from her she went out of her way to invite in Dr. Rita Mehta my Oncologist, with whom my appointment was for the next week, to spare a second and meet with me there and then. Not in my wildest dream did come across such an enthusiastic and energetic pair. Dr. Mehta's chemo shrunk the tumor to where Dr. Lane's radical mastectomy (left breast and lymph nodes) came out so well that breast reconstruction (by my plastic surgery doctors) turned out superb. I would have liked double mastectomy to forestall a possible cancer in the other breast while at the same time achieving a symmetrical chest appearance, but Dr. Lane advised against removing the other breast since there was nothing wrong with it. I know that both breasts will eventually be made to match by my plastic surgeons! I saw Christ in my medical team.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

I had a 3.5 cm tumor on my RIGHT breast and was diagnosed with breast cancer. Dr. Karen Lane told me the tumor was 6 cm (which was a lie) and I would require a mastectomy. After surgery I discovered she had removed parts from my LEFT breast without my permission. I confronted Dr. Lane and she made ridiculous excuses as to why she performed radical surgery on my LEFT breast. The doctors there would not answer my questions and basically altered medical records and tried to cover up medical and surgical mistakes. My experience at UCI was a nightmare from the start. I am still dealing with medical issues and face future surgeries as a result. Deny, cover-up, conceal, alter, lie, that what they do. The doctors I came across don't care about what is right for the patient, all they cared about was protecting each other. I still have to worry about the cancer showing up again and dis-figuration. My life will never be the same.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Dr. Karen T Lane's Credentials

• University Of California, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)