Ratings for Dr. Mary Elizabeth Dunn

I had a terrible experience with Dr Dunn and would absolutely recommend getting a second opinion if you see her. I went to see her for my Chiari Malformation, and she misdiagnosed the problem. She was rude and unprofessional- she only spent about 15 minutes with me and answered her phone during the visit. She also interrupted me when I asked questions and said my symptoms were not related to the Chiari. When I asked what to do about my symptoms, she said it was from a common cold and would go away (but I had no cold symptoms). I went to see a different surgeon who is the head of neurosurgery at his hospital and comes highly recommended by others surgeons and patients, and he spent over an hour with me. He said my Chiari had to be operated on or it would cause irreversible damage to my brain. THANK GOD I GOT A SECOND OPINION!

flag | Submitted September 10, 2014

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

showed lack of concern for patient health only interisted in cutting someone open to get next insurance payment

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

Dr. Dunn had very poor bed side manner. Post-surgery I continued to have the same problems, and she didn't want to see me. She actually came into the examining room at one post-surgical visit and told me she had the flu so could only spent a few seconds with me (she obviously didn't want to see me as she was fine when I saw her in the hallway and talking to staff earlier). Finally sent me for cervical injections, and the doctor performing the injections said he couldn't tell I had undergone a cervical foraminotomy. When it came time for her to be my advocate in legal proceedings relative to the car accident, she would not respond. She is awful.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2010

She gave me / saved my life... She removed a brain tumor 14 years ago that Mayo and everyone else said could not be removed completely. She involves you in your treatment vs. treating you as a passenger with no opinion. She's awesome!!

flag | Submitted October 6, 2009

SHe told me come back when i cant break and or swallow and i have a brain splitting headache, I found her rude and abrupt, non helpful and seemed to be lacking knowledge. I personally would NOT reccomend her to anyone

flag | Submitted August 18, 2009

She was rude to my family. Arrogant and abrupt. Horrible bedside manner. I overheard her treating the Nursing staff at the hospital just horribly,as well. Go find someone else!!!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

these people suck!!!if you want good care go some where else!!!! after the surgery they couldnt care less about you!!!once they get your money they just dont care.good luck talking to someone in the office!!! my wifes back is worse now than before the surgery and they couldnt care less. find a differnt doctor. run , run far away from these people!!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2008

Couldn't do a back correctly. Lied about outcome,blamed problems on Partner.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2007

The absolute best Dr. we could have found for our son's surgery, very knowledgeable, and friendly, great bedside manner. Just a super person. I can not say enough about her. Thank You

flag | Submitted March 27, 2007

Dr. Mary Elizabeth Dunn's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

MB Health