Ratings for Dr. Kyle W. Ruffing

Comforting to know that my experience was not unique. I had a dreadful consultation with him.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

I saw Dr. Ruffing for almost 3 years. I don't know how he can be the way these other people have described here. He is the only doctor that hasn't made me wait. We always went on time, and he always listened to us and examined me throughly. He was friendly and helpful. Grant you his office staff is rude and nasty! They never follow through and didn't give him messages.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Please read all of the reviews not just on this site, he is a horrible dr should not be practicing. I cried at the office and all the way home. Got home and read the reviews horrible dr and person he asked if I was abused because the symptoms must be made up in my head. DEgenerative disk (confirmed) he didn't want to hear, family hx of MS, Dx of fibromyalgia, Dx with hashimotos, I wanted it ruled out I don't have Ms with my symptoms he blamed it on high school past abuse I didn't even have on my radar. Muscle spasms, weak heavy arm migraines, right eye pain(randomly) he didn't want to hear my symptoms just that I was sexually abused. He asked if I smoked I said "no never" he asked me again like I lied to him, walked over and read my new patient paperwork like I filled it out differently then I was telling him. I can't tell you how small and worthless this dr made me feel I can tell you his office manager is fully aware and kicked me out for crying and talking to her. I called back to ask about the dozens of horrible reviews and she informed me I was on speaker phone for the dr to hear and she was discharging me....lady I got up walked out crying you can't fire someone who quit. I hope someone sues this office

flag | Submitted December 7, 2016

I saw Dr. Ruffing yesterday and I was happy with the staff, they were very nice and pleasant..I didn't have to wait, got to me right on time..dr. Was very nice, asked me what my problem was and talked with me and listened to what I was saying..very thorough and had a nice bedside manner..I would refer him to anyone..

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

One of the worse Doctors I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. He is cold, arrogant and unfeeling. He was very contemptuous toward us when we tried to ask him questions. He did not listen to our concerns nor does he think he needs to. How can he make a diagnoses if he only spends 5 minutes with you? I don't think he likes his job and he definitely does not like people in general. He should not be practicing medicine, at least not on the living. There is an over abundance of Doctors here in Florida because of our large senior population so we can pick and choose. Dr. Ruffing is not a good Doctor or person. Do yourself a service and look around and do your research. Find a Doctor that believes in the oath he/she took and who genuinely wants to help his fellow human beings instead of treating them as a disposable, assembly line path to making money.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

I fainted and went to the Doctors' facility for consultation and scanning. Dr. Ruffing saw me for a few short minutes and he was cold and distant. I was worried about my conditions and asked him a couple of questions. He cut me off and told me "Let me talk". I kept my mouth shut a whole time. He talked for a few seconds then handed me over to an assistant who set up an appointment for head scan. He never responded nor asked me about my concerns. I came back a couple of weeks after that to discuss the scanning result with Dr. Ruffing. Again, a taciturn face. He saw me for less than 5 minutes, then left. He did not look like he likes his job. He has no enthusiasm nor courtesy nor compassion for patients. He should not be in this field.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

One of the worst doctors ever. Was uncaring, mis-diagnosed me, gave me topamax to drug and shut me up, wouldnt even listen to what was going on. Dont leave your life in this man's hands.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2012

I went to Dr. Ruffing for for migraines and he put me on Topamax, which helped some but left me groggy alot. At one particular appointment I mentioned that my nose hurt really bad on the inside, shooting pains up into my head and wondered if it was related to my migraine issue. He looked in my nose, told me it was a mess and to quit digging in it. Excuse me? I immediately decided that I would never go back. I promply made an appointment with Dr. Deems who is an area ENT (forget Dr. Byers - he's worthless too) and he told me I had a sever infection in my nose and gave me antibiotic cream for it. Great work Dr. Ruffing - you'd think any MD could spot an infection. Stay clear people, he's rude and arrogant.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

He isn't a cruise ship captain in terms of personality, but he is knowledgeable and is warmer as you get to know him. He is a good neurologist and I think his bedside manner is improving.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

This doctor needs lessons on how to treat patients. I would not go back to him even if he were the only neurologist in town. I would rather drive to Tampa than use him. Fortunately, there are other even better doctors in town.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2007

Dr. Kyle W. Ruffing's Credentials

• University Of Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Oxford