Ratings for Dr. Craig Heacock

In the Fall of 2017, my anxiety and OCD returned with a vengeance. Scared out of my mind, I very cautiously allowed my primary care doctor to put me on a benzodiazepine to help reduce my anxiety. As I was becoming increasingly more unstable and afraid, I googled “best psychiatrist in Colorado” and Dr. Craig Heacock popped up. The majority of his reviews were outstanding and the following day I desperately reached out to him. Dr. Heacock returned my call immediately and fit me into his schedule two weeks later. My husband drove me across the state for our first consultation and Dr. Heacock diagnosed me with Anxiety and OCD within the first 20 minutes of our session. He reassured me that I would get better if I followed and trusted his plan. Initially I was not always reasonable and still very leery of doctors, however Dr. Heacock was patient and genuinely supported me EVERY step of the way in spite of the distance between Grand Junction and Fort Collins. He had a firm hand with me when needed, yet kind and available during the darkest and scariest times. He considers us “a team”, yet he praises my hard work. Not only is Dr. Heacock extremely knowledgeable on pharmacology, he is also an excellent therapist. He is humble, has a great sense of humor, walks the talk and is just plain cool. We still Facetime a couple times a month and/or I go to Fort Collins 2-3 times a year. Because of Dr Heacock, I am healthier than I’ve ever been in my life. Best psychiatrist ever!!!!

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

I've been seeing Dr. Heacock for about 12 + years and throughout the years he has helped me in many ways to overcome my addictions . He has always been knowledgeable, straightforward, honest, empathetic and tells me just how it is. Which are all wonderful qualities when dealing with addiction. I have had a couple relapes, in which case he is eagerly awaiting to take me back and put me on the right track . I can honestly say I wouldn't be here today if it was not for him. I highly recommend seeing Dr. Heacock. I always have a friendly face to see when I arrive for my appointment, he is prompt and always returns my calls. I couldn't ask for anything better in a psychiatrist. So if you're in need of an excellent psychiatrist he is highly recommended. Thanks for all you've done !! Sara Johnson

flag | Submitted September 21, 2018

I have been bipolar since I was a teenager and that was decades ago. I have had many psychiatrists, some good and some not so good. When I needed a new psychiatrist, Dr. Heacock was recommended to me. In my first visit I found Dr. Heacock to be a caring and non-judgmental individual. I have been seeing him for three years and have never felt better!! I say, 'Two thumbs up to a great Doc!"

flag | Submitted December 8, 2017

Best Psychiatrist I have ever seen. By far. And that's saying something, because I've seen my fair share. Dr. Heacock is extremely approachable and down to earth. He is honest and direct, yet compassionate. I've felt so advocated for by him. He returns my phone calls quickly, and has collaborated with both my therapist and mom in a really helpful way. Amazing, amazing, amazing.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Heacock for 10+ years. He diagnosed my condition within my first appointment. He listened with compassion and came up with a plan. He showed his expertise by giving me behavioral exercises combined with a medication that worked for me. He saw me regularly to check in and was available if anything came up. I now see him every 2-3 months to review where I am at. I highly recommend Dr. Heacock.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Heacock has used his expertise and his friendly and caring personality to help my very ill sons take back their lives. They suffered from severe depression and manic episodes as well as anxiety and psychosis at times. Because of all of the many symptoms they had and their sleep issues, it was difficult to find the best treatment and interventions for them. Dr. Heacock did succeed in this difficult task and my sons are very thankful for this. Because Dr. Heacock worked with them since adolescence, my sons have never had issues with self medication. Dr. Heacock always stressed to them that a healthy lifestyle would enhance their wellness. He has encouraged them to ride their bikes, get exercise, and eat a healthy diet as well as take the medications that have made a world of difference for them. If you need someone who cares and is extremely knowledgeable, please see Dr. Craig Heacock.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Heacock since 2009, even following him to a new practice which my insurance would not cover fully. For me it was never a question of changing doctors. He has become, for lack of a better word, a friend. He has always treated me with respect and compassion and allowed me to maintain my dignity. He has become a cornerstone in maintaining my health and well-being.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Heacock for years. I suffer from anxiety and generally a visit to any health care professional sends me in to a panic. Dr. Heacock, however, puts me at ease and makes me comfortable. He listens to what I have to say , he is friendly, and he is a "real person." He is very knowledgeable and able to help me with many aspects of my health and my life. He is also much different than other psychiatrists I have seen in the past in that his practice is about much more that just medicine and writing prescriptions. He looks at me as a whole person and counsels me in all areas of my general health and well being. He also allows me to make my own decisions. He educates me on treatments he believes to be appropriate and then leaves the ultimate decision regarding my health up to me. With his guidance I have greatly improved.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2015

I have suffered from chronic depression all of my life and have been treated for it for over 20 years -- 10 of them by Dr. Heacock. I started with a GP and moved to a psychiatrist after having problems managing the meds. The specialized knowledge of a psychiatrist made a huge difference compared to working with a GP. After this psychiatrist retired, I found Dr. Heacock and have been with him ever since. Medication management has been even better with Dr. Heacock and he has proved to be an excellent councilor as well. He has even diagnosed non psychiatric issues based on our sessions. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2015

Dr. Heacock is a caring and knowledgeable person. The suggestions he has given me have been have been helpful. I rely on him to review the medications I am taking and whenever possible to reduce their usage. He is supportive of my medical problems which are diverse in nature. I trust him as I would a close friend.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2015

Dr. Craig Heacock's Credentials

• University Of New Mexico School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in Fort Collins, CO