Ratings for Dr. Thomas W. Weisman

Overall Dr. Weisman is a good doctor, very thorough with an excellent knowledge of family medicine. However, if you go in with more than one medical problem you need to make and extended visit (whish isn't easy) or two visits because he doesn't like to treat more than one problem at a time. He also has a dislike to continue prescribing narc's regardless of your condition. On excellent plus is that his office has extended hours.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

I have seen Dr. Weisman on several occasions & each time he asks me detailed questions as to my illness or condition at the time. His diagnoses have been "spot on"! He is very patient, knowledgeable, and takes his time; and if he's not sure about a medication or test he researches the answer, which is so rare. Most doctors rush you in and out before you finish talking to them and you end up speaking to their med. ass't. on the way out the door. Not so with Dr. Weisman.! I've been to many different doctors over my lifetime in several different states, and I must say in all sincerity he's one of the best in family medicine. I would highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 26, 2008

I needed a prescription for my allergy medicine before I went on vacation recently, but I was told that I needed to make an appointment to have my prescription refilled due to a requirement by my insurance company. I called the insurance company and they told me that there was no such requirement. I tried to get in contact with the office again to let them know that they had made a mistake, but it took two days for them to return my phone call. I never recieved my prescription and I spent two weeks on vacation with terrible allergies. Also, I had strep throat a year before that and I guess it was a bad throat culture because my wife and my son had tested positive for strep. When I called the office that time on a friday morning to get help, they finally returned my call the following monday. I would highly reccomend choosing a different doctor, I did.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

Takes his time and doesn't rush you; he really listens which is a rare quality in medicine these days. He is truly concerned about his patients and tries to find out the problem. He is also knowledgable about how insurance companies work and what they will or will not cover. He is really good about running test first before jumping to conclusions or making a final diagnosis. Great follow up too. Overall, I think he is one of the best I've seen in Tucson.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2007

Dr. Weisman answers all my questions. If he doesn't know, he's not afraid of looking up the answer for me. Very helpful and inquisitive. His original background is emergency medicine, though, which I think affects his approach to common complaints like sinus problems, etc. My only real minuses are (1) it's difficult to get a same-day sick appointment, and (2) the x-ray center they use is not convenient for me, only open from 8-4, and doesn't take appointments (so more with the office setup than the doctor).

flag | Submitted July 13, 2006

Knowledgeable, superb compassion, great follow-through from the most minor tests to major surgery referrals.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2006

Dr. Thomas W. Weisman's Credentials

• University Of Pennsylvania School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)