Ratings for Dr. Stephan J. Lapointe

He is the best foot doctor we have ever seen. Don't let his professionalism make you think he is "grumpy." He is cautious and thoughtful and thinking through the best way to deal with each situation. I highly recommend him. His office staff is helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

I had surgery from this dr 2 1/2 weeks ago. He states that I should not be in pain anymore and I am still in horrible pain. Pain that wakes me up in the middle of the night to a point where I am in tears. I take sleeping pills for insomnia and I should not be woke up from such pain. He was in a extremely bad mood my last visit and I could tell. He stated the only thing he could do now is send me to pain management which they havd not done yet. I have a 9 year old son with special needs and I need to be able to walk on my foot which I still cannot do.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

He's full of himself and enjoys hearing himself talk. Was too quick to want to do surgery. Was in a bad mood at one visit and it was obvious. He made a terrible mishap while doing a simple procedure and got aggrevated with ME because I reacted. IT HURT!!! And he didn't apologize. I never went back. Went for 2nd opinion. I wouldn't recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I loved with chronic ankle pain for over 15 years and saw more doctors than I can remember looking for relief but having most of them tell me that there was nothing wrong with it or that there was no way to fix it. I first went and saw Dr. LaPointe in Mar of 2012 and he did everything he could before finally deciding to fix it surgically. It was the best decision ever. Afterwards he warned me that I'd eventually probably have to get the left fixed (because prior to fixing the right no one noticed how weak it actually was). He gave me my life back and after a little bit of rehab I was able to start running again, something I hadn't been able to do for well over 10 years because of the pain. At the beginning of 2014 I started having trouble with the left and went to see him and again we explored the non-surgical options. But when I sprained it in Sept. I asked him to please fix it so I could get back to the active lifestyle the first surgery allowed for. He did the surgery at the end of Oct. and even though recovery has been a bit rough he and his staff have been there to help me every step of the way. I know a lot of people who look down on podiatrists and don't see them as "real" doctors but he is not only a damn good doctor he actually gives a damn about his patients. Which sadly most of the other doctors I've met don't.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

Best doctor I've ever had. Very knowledgeable, listens and communicates effectively, and looks at all treatment options rather than just focusing on the same one for every patient

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

This so call doctor is a TRUE JOCKER!!!! The first and only thing he wanted to do is surgery, so I went to another doctor and no surgery and I am just fine now with a true doctor and not a JOCKER like him. SO IF YOU WANT SURGERY JUST GO TO HIM!!!!

flag | Submitted November 12, 2010