Ratings for Dr. Venu Prabaker

If I could give these people a zero or negative stars I would. This is the worthiest office I ever visit. I scheduled an appointment for my 87 years old mother after her hospital discharge ( she had a heart/lung problem at that time). We waited in the lobby more than 2 hours. All this time the office staff did nothing, just talk-talk-talk to each other. I left work to assist my mother and I feel very bad for spending this time for nothing. The receptionist was absolutely unhelpful. Also I was surprised to see the dog in the corridor. It was office manager’s dog. She came with it to the work. It looks like the stuff of this office does not understand that medical office is not a zoo, and some patients might be allergic to dogs. Finally when we reached the doctor - our visit was less than 5 min. As I mentioned above my mother had lung problem, but doctor checked nothing - did not listen to her lungs or heart, did not check her blood pressure. Another surprise was 6 month later when my mother got a bill with a collections notice from them. For 5 minutes of worthless visit they charge her $140 + collection fee. My mother has Medicare/Medicaid insurance and insurance paid for her visit. My mother did not have any calls\notes\contacts from them during those 6 months. And now they are going to charge her for collection fee. That is mean. Stay away from these people you do not want to deal with them.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

Dr Prabaker seems fine and knowledgeable. The Pa's and med students are good and caring if a bit rushed but the MA and support people act like they are doing you a favor by completing the doctors orders. Don't ask them to interface with your insurance company. Any problems or questions about the DR's treatment plans and they completely fall apart. Serious incompetence and no pride in themselves or their workplace. It's a real shame because they could be great if they tried.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Wonderful doctor and staff. Dr. Prabaker helped me through a difficult time with kindness and sensitivity rarely found in healthcare any more. My husband and I have seen him for over 6 years and he always asks about both of us when the other is in for an appointment. The office has a great email and phone reminder system, super easy to reach them.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2015

Great Doctor. We love him. He is very knowledgeable and caring. Our doctor retired and he was recommended . W have been with him for years. Not going anywhere. We will keep him. Thank God for Such a great doctor. He always take the extra time with us. We trust him and believe in him. Now don't retire on us to soon.Take care Dr.Prabaker.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Can never get a hold of anyone in the office. I called the other day and was on hold. Was told I was 20th in line. Half an hour later I was 10th in line. Twenty minutes later the elevator music stopped, came back on and lo and behold I was at number 20 again, half an hour later I was 10th again. This, in my opinion is a looped recording. They don't answer your phone calls. My husband was a patient of his for aong time. I have been with my husband for 16 years and I have never met the man. Would not recognize him on the street if I saw him. Terrible customer service. I would not recommend this so called doctor to anyone even for their pets!!!!!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr Prabaker by my former M.D., who had just retire and "sold" his patient files to Dr Prakbaker. I waited over 3 weeks to be seen for severe bilateral hand pain. When I arrived for my appointment, ONLY THEN did they tell me I would be seeing the doctor's PA and NOT the doctor. There was NO assurance that I would EVER see the doctor. I won't go back!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr Prabaker has done a great job in taking care of my wife and my self. He goes out of his way to make sure we are doing well and his staff is wonderful

flag | Submitted December 13, 2010

Uses an physissians Assistant who is extremely argumentative and doesn't listend to the patient

flag | Submitted September 12, 2010

This doctor is not familiar with his patients or their issues at hand. My father has been in the hospital for quite some time now and he is completely unaware of my fathers issues at hand. He does not get back to the head nurses when the request his input for care for my father.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2010

Dr. Prabaker was very helpful in the care of my 91 year old mother. He explains things and helps us understand what is going on. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor that we have been in contact with. He comes to see her personally when she is in the hospital. When we schedule an appointment with him, Dr. Prabaker is the one we see. When we schedule with an assistant that is who we see. All his assistants are capable and helpful. His assistants can call him at any time regarding any questions they may have while we are in the office. We have been very pleased with Dr. Prabaker.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2010

Dr. Venu Prabaker's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Madras Med Coll, Dr M G R Med Univ, Madras, Tn, India (Grad. 1975)

Top Hospitals in El Cajon, CA