Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Williams

I've been seeing him for 13 years. I have found him to be pleasant and knowledgeable about my condition. I would HIGHLY recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

Do not recommend this neurologist! Does not return calls, thinks he is a know it all...

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

I suffer from a rare disorder. Dr Williams was asked by my treating physician to conduct ICP monitoring specifically to assess if elevated ICP accounted for my response to certain medications. I spent considerable time and money assembling records and scans from the past 2 years. I waited months for an appointment, which consisted of about 20 minutes with him asking me questions, mostly unrelated to my illness. Though his manner was pleasant, he issued a report basically savaging other physicians who've treated me, even weighing in on neurosurgical matters that are well beyond his expertise. It took 4 more months getting "in" with another neurologist who specializes in ICP monitoring, but this one has been helpful. In my case, Dr Williams seemingly had an agenda that did not include my best interests. I have seen over 30 doctors because of my circumstance, but I had never encountered this lack of professionalism in any of them. for this reason, I can not recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2010

I am diagnosed with Chiari Malformation I and Pseudotumor Cerebri. I have a VP shunt and I see Dr. Williams for managing my shunt adjustments. He is one of the nicest doctors I've ever met. But, I feel like I'm spinning my wheels with him. Every appt is the same: "how are you feeling? let's do another test. here's another script for pain." The tests never reveal anything so, I'm at a dead end and he hasn't come up with any creative solutions or ideas. There's definitely something wrong because I still have constant head pain. I've been seeing Dr. Williams for 2 years now and he hasn't been able to find the problem. I understand that neurology is very complicated so, this doesn't necessarily make him a bad doctor. Perhaps I'm just unlucky...

flag | Submitted April 6, 2006

Dr. Michael A. Williams's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1985)