Ratings for Dr. Vidya Reddy

I can't say enough about Dr. Reddy and the team she has assembled. I thought my old dentist was fabulous, but there's something extra at Dr. Reddy's practice: There's a good reason why her entire office staff is nicer and more personable, has more modern practices, and has an unbelievably low turnover rate. Dr. Reddy runs a great ship. For anyone interested in what "more modern practices" means, it means 75% less radiation when they do their X-rays there (one of the benefits of going digital), more accurate diagnostics, better explanations of what's going on, better information about insurance coverage, and -- saving the best part for last -- less painful procedures. And as a dental surgeon, Dr. Reddy clearly has the chops to understand -- and address -- not just a little gingivitis or deep pocketing, but the most complex and serious issues as well. One last point. At my old dentist near MIT, I was always struck by how often a good hygienist, who had cleaned my teeth once or twice before, would leave the practice. Dr. Reddy's hygienists have not only been with the practice for years and years, they have decades of experience, are dedicated to their craft, and thanks to their policy of constant continuing education, know more about the latest research, as well as the details of their work, than any hygienist I've ever met. To date I've only ever worked with Andrea, who knows more about sharpening her instruments than anyone I've ever met, but she is absolutely fabulous -- more personable, more professional, more knowledgeable than anyone I've ever worked with -- and I can only imagine how wonderful the rest of Dr. Reddy's staff is after working with Andrea. And for those folks at home, a properly sharpened instrument isn't more dangerous in the hands of a hygienist, but it often means one stroke across that tooth instead of FIVE. As an unusually high number of my neighbors have before me, I strongly recommend this practice to anyone, whether their teeth are in great shape, or great disrepair.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015