Ratings for Dr. Sunjay Berdia

Dr. Berdia seemed bored and very sleepy both times I saw him, but he has very high ratings so I am setting those items aside. However, at least two of the office staff at The Orthopedic Center really undermine the quality and effectiveness of the physicians there. It was next to impossible to reach two of the staff I needed to work with. The first, to get a copy of a prescription for pain. I finally contacted the office manager and then played phone tag with the employee. By the time the prescription was ready the pain was gone. Currently I am trying to schedule surgery. The scheduler did not return my first 2 calls, and I couldn't leave a message today because her voice mailbox was full. If the physicians in the practice won't pay enough to hire reliable, service-oriented employees - or perhaps they need more of them - I don't want to give them my money. There are other highly rated orthopedists in the area. I have received poor service at other offices but never this bad. The front desk staff are very helpful, though, and seem to care about patients.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Beria is very professional and an excellent doctor who thinks of the patient first and is not surgery happy. I hear his name often when talking to people in the medical field.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr. Beria and staff were outstanding. I only wish he had been my initial doctor for this injury.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2015

Dr. Berdia is awesome. I've been to several doctors who ignored my symptoms. He had me diagnosed within 30 seconds of seeing me. Surgery went really well and my wrist is feeling better than ever. I'm an exercise science major and am applying to Physical Therapy schools this year. I deal with doctors a lot and understand their time schedules. They are really busy and have a lot of patients to deal with. Some of these comments complain about the time it takes for them to be seen by Dr. Berdia. Get over it. He is very knowledgable and worth the time. Great surgeon. Thanks, Doc. I owe you one ! Hoorah

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

A simple wrist fracture caused a tendon in my hand to choke, die, and rupture, and a very good friend referred me to Dr Berdia. I was seeing another Ortho who ignored my complaints about the pain in my thumb which was the tendon fraying and rupturing. Although the tendon itself could not be repaired, Dr Berdia successfully transferred it to another tendon and restored function to the thumb on my dominant hand. Dr. Berdia is very straight-forward and to the point, which is that I want in a Doctor! Side note - All this blaming business about insurance companies and MRIs has got to stop. MRIs cost at least $2500 and Dr Berdia is not doing to saddle you with that bill without authorization from your insurance company that they will pay the bill. That's covering YOU. The system is a pain, but it is what it is, and it's not Dr Berdia's fault.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2015

I saw Dr. Berdia for CMC Arthritis for my right thumb. the surgery was preformed on December of 2013. I am still in acute pain after almost 2 years. Dr. Berdia refuses to call me or even see me to assess my hand which is now almost usless. The surgery has collapsed and is deformed. To this day I cannot understand why he will not speak to me or see me. I would not ever recommend this man to do surgery on anyone ever. I have searched and seen two other hand specialists. One excellent Dr. in Silver Spring and one in Delaware. Both surgeons have seen the MRI That was taken of my hand all both will not touch it for all of the complications that my hand has endured. My hand will require complete reconstruction and its a 50/50 deal on weather or not the reconstruction will even be successful. I am unable to open my hand and hold objects without dropping them and my pain is unrelenting. YOU DO THE MATH.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2014

I waiting 1.5 hours and then asked and was told it would be another hour. The waiting room is huge and was full of disgruntled patients. I walked out and got another doctor. Note that I have no idea how knowledgeable he is but N/A isn't an option in that required field.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

First I had to wait over two hours after my appointment time to see this doctor. Then he told me that I need MRI to confirm the diagnosis but I need pre-approval from my insurance. Now it is almost two weeks and his office didn't send my papers to insurance. And they can't find examination notes from him or get hold of him. I'm immobilize for two weeks and nobody event knows what to do now at the Orthopaedic Center. Terrible experience.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

He's probably the best hand surgeon there is. He's brilliant, an incredibly skilled surgeon and has an extremely impressive CV. Everybody in this area, who has a hand or shoulder problem, comes to see this guy. He's always busy, and that's the thing to look for. He's very straight forward and honest, and a nice guy too.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. Berdia lost my exam notes and then went on vacation for a week.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr. Sunjay Berdia's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD