Ratings for Dr. Joel E. Goldberg

My appt was at 1:20 pm. At 2:40 pm I left without being seen.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

dr. G explains everything so that a lay person understands what's needed very caring

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

I was recommended by My Gastroenterologist. Dr Goldberg is very kind and easy to talk to. I am deciding on surgeries and after a few tests he will help me decide and also when to have it.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

Dr. Goldberg is personable and appears knowledgeable. However, his office staff, specifically his assistant are tough to get a hold of if you have questions after your visit. For example, after one visit where a prescription was to have been sent to the pharmacy, it took 2 weeks of repeated calling to get the rx sent to the pharmacy. On another occasion, it took 4-5 days to obtain a callback on a question. On 2 of 2 visits, he was an hour or more late in seeing the patient. While it is clear that he has a very strong background and reputation, these administrative issues/delays cause concern, and diminish the overall perception of his quality.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2017

Dr Goldberg did the surgery on my stage III rectal cancer. He was by far the best doctor I have ever dealt with. He answered all my questions and took the time to explain everything to me.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2015

Dr. Goldberg is a compassionate and dedicated surgeon. He took care of my niece from her diagnosis with 2 cancers, one FAP Colon CA and a separate Rectal CA though this year. I went to many appointments with "Julie." She required surgery a total colectomy, and Dr. Goldberg made the smallest stoma I have ever seen, I'm a nurse and gave seen many. She never got infections, skin breakdown, etc. She later required additional GI surgeries following chemo & radiation. Sadly she lost her battle with cancer this past spring, but she absolutely had the best possible surgeon in Dr. Goldberg and excellent care from the entire team at B&W/Dana Farber. Dr. Goldberg always promptly responded to calls when either she or the family had concerns. I would highly recomnend Joel Goldberg,MD. Mary Lou Conton

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

I went to Dr. Goldberg's office because I was in pain from what I thought were hemorrhoids and he told my that it was an anal fissure. However, he even didn't take time to examine carefully the area like my general doctor did although I told him about my hemorrhoids. The visit was just 15 minutes. He prescribed me Nifedipine 2% with Lidocaine 5% and dismissed my case like that. The fissure healed, but today my hemorrhoids are prolapsed and OTC medications and sitz baths don't work. I have an appointment with another doctor in a different hospital in 3 weeks. Hygiene and pain are an issue and I told Dr. Goldberg. He seems to be an incompetent and I don't recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

I would like to amend the comment I made yesterday re: Dr Goldberg. I was upset at his office for a problem that was out of his control. Dr. Goldberg was very nice, personable & knowledgeable. The fact that I could not get a hold of the pharmacy was not Dr. Goldberg's fault and I would like to apologize for my comment. I would remove it completely but I am not a member and can't.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

I had a baby a year ago, she decided to enter the world bum first, in doing so I experienced extensive damage to my internal and external sphinter muscles. I am blessed that I found a Dr. that could repair me. He is a wonderful person who no matter how many patients he sees took the time with me and answered all my questions. Yes, I did wait a while to see him but he's seeing patients with rectal,colon and other intestinal cancers. The receptionists at in the office could use some courtesty training but the appointment scheduler is the sweetest person and makes up for what they are lacking! He's a great Dr.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2010

Dr. Joel E. Goldberg's Credentials

• Tulane University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Secure Horizons