Ratings for Dr. John M. Raines, Retired

Dr. Raines saved our daughters life, we walked in his office with our 6 week old baby girl suffering from severe Laryngomalacia after the scope he did not let us leave the office until there was a bed ready for her at Phoenix Children's ICU and did surgery on her first thing the following morning, the staff made us feel as comfortable as possible through the whole process. I will never stop thanking him for what it was supposed to be an initial consult to saving my daughter's life, now we have an almost 5yr healthy, happy little girl.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Narcissistic, incompetent and rude. I felt like I was being treated like a child and stupid for even being there. Impossible to get the office staff to even perform the most simple of requests... they cant be bothered. SAVE YOUR TIME AND MONEY GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!! One last thing... Ignore the site heatlhgrades... they had these guys as a 5 star... gotta be paid off!

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I had a continual nose bleed and had to go back 3 and 4 times and finally went to another doctor and in 1 visit fixed the problem.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2014

Dr Raines was a great dr for my son. My son had to have two surgeries in 3 months and dr raines did a great job taking care of him. We were very happy and would recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013

Horrible Experience! Dr. Raines performed a "routine" sinus and deviated septum surgery on me and damaged the structure of my nose, causing the bridge to lose shape. I now have to have corrective procedures and Dr. Raines isn't acknowledging any responsibility. I'm very disappointed in this doctor and would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2012

Dr. Raines is an excellent physician. Two of our kids have had the unfortunate need for surgery and he was the surgeon for both. Very skilled, and so kind. Great bedside manner...both with the kids and in talking with us parents. (and all the questions and concerns that usually entails.) We have passed his name/number off to others on more than one occasion.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. Raines and his OFFICE staff are wonderful. I had some issues with the schedculer but Dr. Raines himself tracked me down and scheduled my surgery. He is very skilled and very detailed. I think Lisa his nurse rounds out this duo with professionalism and such sincere caring that I genuinly felt concern for my wellbeing

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

When Doctor Raines says "you won't call me a liar" you know he'll be lying to you in about a millisecond. This man seems to think he is someone exceedingly important. He is so important that he can not be bothered by his patients. What is more important than the patients? When someone on this site said that other doctors call Dr. Raines for help, I know otherwise. In fact, I was told that the other ENTs in Phoenix all think he's a joke and should retire. He also claims to be a pediatric specialist and he hasn't even had any special pediatric training. Don't waste your time bothering him as a patient. I wish I hadn't.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2009

Dr Raines is an excellent clinician however he could definitely improve his bedside manner. He was not very personable or warm.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr Raines has done three procedures on our daughter, and is an incredible Dr! I would recommend him to anyone. I've not had to wait to see him any longer than at any other Dr's office, and he is always very friendly.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009

Dr. John M. Raines, Retired's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. John Raines is a board certified otolaryngologist. He earned his degree and completed his residency at the University of California School of Medicine. He shares his expertise as a professor at Mayo Clinic and the University of Arizona, but is also involved in teaching student residents at Banner Good Samaritan Medical Center in Phoenix. Dr. Raines, his wife, and his four children reside in Scottsdale, Arizona where he loves to practice a variety of sports in his free time.

• Spanish

• University Of California, San Francisco School Of Medicine (Grad. 1974)