Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Koos

I had all four wisdom teeth removed last week. I am not the best in medical situations, not do like being sedated, and not a fan of needles. So of course I was anxious and squeamish the morning of my surgery. My nurse, Nancy, was amazing, she helped me relax and calm down and was very attentive. Dr. Koos did a great job and was very calming, professional, great at explain each step of the process. I was in and out within 1 hour and I am healing quickly with very minimal pain and swelling. The best surgery and medical office experiences I have had. I would highly recommend Dr. Koos and his team to anyone!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

Excellent staff and service. Dr. Koos is very knowledgeable. He makes sure you feel comfortable with the surgery and aftercare. My surgery went beyond my expectations. Everything went very smooth and the staff made sure i was comfortable. I would recommend him to everyone. He is a excellent surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

I've recently had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. I was really afraid at first but Dr. Koos did an amazing job..I didn't feel a thing and even after the heal process was really quick. All I feel is soreness which is typically other than that I feel great! Give my experience 10/10!!

flag | Submitted March 6, 2015

After years of procrastinating, I finally made the executive decision to remove my wisdom teeth. I was quite nervous to say the least from the numerous horror stories I've heard, so finding the perfect doctor was mandatory. A colleague raved about her experience with Dr. Koos so I promptly made my appointment. She was absolutely right! The experience and service I received at ORA was the best I ever had. After speaking to Dr. Koos about my concerns, he completely put my mind at ease about the surgery and reassured me I was in good hands. The day of surgery I experienced a bit of discomfort which is expected but the following day you wouldn't believe I had them removed! He did such an outstanding job I had little to no swelling and was up and about the next day. I really appreciated his daily calls post surgery to make sure of my speedy recovery. I wouldn't say traveling from DC to Chicago for surgery is necessarily convenient, but for the quality of service and treatment I received I wouldn't have done anything different. It was an absolute pleasure being a patient of Dr. Koos and I highly recommend him to anyone with oral surgery needs.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2014

Dr. Koos is an amazing oral surgeon! I was incredibly nervous, but he and his staff did everything that they could to make me comfortable. Everything about the practice is set-up for the convenience of the patient - parking, a quiet (and environment-friendly office), and second-to-none equipment. I hope that I don't require any additional oral surgery, but if I do, no one else but Dr. Koos will suffice! (P.S. They even let you select your own music during the procedure)

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

i had been in pain for a few months due to impacted wisdom teeth, and now i am pain free thanks to dr. koos. when entering the office i was releived to find a great staff and a freindly oral surgeon with a great backgound. i was made comfortable in every way possible and i am definatly afraid of a regular dentist. tvs in the rooms, music through out the office, freindly people every where, plants, and calming smells through out the halls, where else are you going to find a place like this for every dental need? not to mention a personal phone call for a follow up the same night to make sure i was ok. all i can say is thanks to dr. koos for releiving me of my pain 10 out 10!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

My visit to ORA was the best experience that I've ever had at a dental office. The staff there was very comforting and nice. Dr. Koos was amazing he explained everything to me in detail. On the day of surgery everything went perfectly. What really tugged at my heart was that Dr.Koos called me that night after surgery to check on me. I do not know any doctor that has ever did that. Well it's 1month Post surgery and every thing is healing great. I will recommend and have recommended ORA to family and friends. ORA is top notch in my book.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

I have been delaying to take out my wisdom teeth until one day the pain became unbearable. My sister who has always spoken highly of Dr. Koos recommended that I go see him since Dr. Koos pulled out her wisdom teeth few years ago. She had a very good experience so I decided to schedule an appointment. After seeing him, I decided to pull out only two wisdom teeth on my left side and not all four because I had to go to work the next day. Not only was the surgery quick and painless, but also I was able to go to work the next day without any problems. Dr. Koos is a very pleasant doctor and he answers all the questions thoroughly. His team is very professional and I truly appreciate them scheduling me to be seen on a very short notice. Thank you for a wonderful service and great experience.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr. Koos removed all four of my impacted wisdom teeth and I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. I felt at ease the entire time and Dr. Koos explained everything thoroughly so I really knew exactly what was going to happen and what sort of post op symptoms I might have. I've told many of my friends and family about Dr. Koos and would recommend him to anyone looking for a comfortable oral surgery experience.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2013

My general dentist in downtown Chicago recommended that I have my wisdom teeth extracted since they were in some bad positioning and referred me to an oral surgeon that he said takes him to Bulls games alot...hmmm - I sensed "kickbacks" here! So I searched on my own and found Dr. Steven Koos at ORA Oral Surgery Studio based on his credentials and pretty awesome reviews around the web. I am so glad that I didn't go to the other guy because Dr. Koos was very cool and calming, as I was pretty nervous to have any surgery in my mouth. The office is relaxing and like a lounge or spa, totally like no other that I have seen or visited either. On the day of my surgery I was in and out in about 50 minutes, was asleep the whole time and even fell asleep listening to Death Cab For Cutie my all time favorite Indie Rock group. I have already sent a few of my classmates to see him and would recommend Dr. Koos to anyone that needs oral surgery in their mouth, he is the best! Thanks Dr. Koos!

flag | Submitted March 8, 2012

Dr. Steven A. Koos's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)