Ratings for Dr. Matthew V. DAVIES

First off I am not losing the trial, but I felt like Dr. Davies is just as everyone described. I am an amazing mother and my ex-husband is a crook and I have records of his criminal acts. But how Dr. Davies spins it is that him doing criminal acts doesn't hurt my child. I call BS. My ex-husband is a horrible example to my child and taking advantage a single mom over for $20k per year for 10 years DOES IMPACT MY CHILD... Dr. Davies makes you feel like a horrible parent without knowing the child or yourself. HE ASSUMES... Belittles... Cuts you off... Demands... and is the most antagonizing person I have ever met. HE IS UNPROFESSIONAL, RUDE and I HATE THAT MY CHILD'S FUTURE IS IN HIS HANDS. I love everyone and try hard to understand them, but unless this guys job is to see if you will go off at pushing his buttons I don't know his purpose. Anyone know how to change evaluators? I will will my trial without a doubt, but I don't want to pay this jerk one more dime. I don't trust him at all...

flag | Submitted July 3, 2017

Just because Dr. Davies has been doing this for over 25 years does not make him good. In fact it makes him crooked. Because he has been doing this for so long he probably knows all the judges and lawyers. I am sure he is rewarded gifts and dinners and money to evaluate certain cases because he has friends. I think he needs to be investigated by the government or Gephart. He charges $5,000.00 up front but then if you want to know the results of his evaluation, guess what? He is going to need $3,000.00 more so he can tell you what his results are. He is a crook. Mr. Davies has done this for so long he knows exactly what he can get away with. It has taken Dr. Davies over nine months for his evaluation and I do not know the outcome yet, but I can tell you I have not been happy with him. He is dishonest, he has no morals, he does not listen, he is never available, he has been 20 minutes late to appointments. He believes lies and does not follow up with investigating anything. I would not trust putting your children's future in his hands.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

I just finished a custody evaluation with Dr. Davies and have a much different opinion of him than other reviewers. Before agreeing to have him do the evaluation my attorney and I researched him and several other evaluators pretty thoroughly. We found out he's been doing this for over 25 years and does about 15 to 30 a year. Being a small business owner myself I know most of the time people who are unhappy say so on places like this while people that are happy don't say anything. I figure Davies has done well over 500 custody evaluations and if there are only 5 or 6 negative reviews he's probably not as bad as people make him out to be. As another reviewer pointed out he is good at maintaining a poker face with parents but my kids said they had fun and wanted to go back. He seems to be real concerned about the kids and I think he tries to help parents what they can do to improve their kids lives. When he interviewed me I was nervous and had a hard time figuring out what he was looking for but I think that was his way of not tipping his hand or giving the impression he favored one parent. We recently had the meeting with parents and attorneys and he didn't tell me everything I wanted to hear. He did say I should have more time with my kids and what my ex and I needed to do a better job of communicating. I agreed with this and although it didn't come out the way I wanted I don't think Davies deserves the negative reviews.

Submitted January 26, 2016

I'll try to be objective in my review but overall I feel like my custody evaluation was not done well. I'm not necessarily upset with his overall outcome, but I feel like he gave my kids an "okay" situation that protected my ex, where it clearly could have been a "better" situation that protected my kids. To begin with, a custody evaluation with or without Dr. Davies will be a horrible experience. With Dr. Davies doing it you can expect to leave his office feeling like you've failed in every aspect of parenting. This is his modus operandi. I expected to be calmly talking with a professional psychologist but instead felt like I got a playground bully having roid rage. I understand you have to be tough as an evaluator but he's borderline abusive the entire time. He won't let you respond without cutting you off, he's brutally condescending, he yells at you with every response, and at one point even threw papers in my face as I was talking. He won't shake your hand or provide any other civilities. His 'mean guy' theatrics are almost comical once you catch on. Through all this I kept my cool and just tried to provide the best answers I could without getting emotional. At the first meeting he handed me the custody guidelines outlining what the State looks for in awarding custody. As the evaluation progressed it became clear he relies more on personal feelings when making a decision. We didn't discuss the specific State guidelines at all as we talked. Assuming he would emphasize the State guidelines as the final word over any emotion was the mistake I made in making my case. The problem was that when the other party told him an emotionally charged lie he gave more weight to that than facts and guidelines. Fortunately, I did have a chance to provide documentation to rebut several egregious lies my ex had told, yet he seemed to still give them credibility. In this regard I have to agree with the other reviewer that said he is "easily lied to". My ex has textbook histrionic personality disorder and he completely missed it. Pursuant to this, my ex is also very manipulative and he apparently took the bait without verifying any claims. The process took almost 3 months and was painfully slow. I had to ask for an update after weeks and weeks of radio silence between appointments. Some of my other concerns were that he said he didn't want to call any friends or family for collateral contacts because they would be biased. That might be the case sometimes, but as a psychologist he should be able to account for bias and decipher the truth. He also never visited my home to observe me with my kids. In all, he probably observed me with the kids for about 5 or 6 minutes total during the evaluation. To me it seems he's made excuses to make his job easier. Unfortunately he charges for a traditional evaluation but he doesn't provide the same level of investigation and fact finding you'd typically see in one. Through all this I believe he's a good child psychologist and my kids seemed to have a good rapport with him. I wouldn't recommend him if your ex is a good liar. His techniques won't dig beyond superficial layers to find the truth.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Dr. Davies is easily lied to. My children are now in a verbally abusive home where their father and step mother repeatedly criticize me in front of the children and also criticize the children. The children cry every time they have to go there begging me to make it stop. Unfortunately because of Dr. Davies 50/50 recommendation and lack of income I was forced into settlement. He is easily lied to, their father and step mother lied right to his face. It's NOT always good for the kids to have 50/50 parent time and unfortunately my children will now suffer because of him. My daughter and older son are already showing signs of rebellious and bad behavior because of this drastic change that they didn't want. They told Dr. Davies they would work with me and co-parent and they are not, they are doing everything opposite of his advice. The step mother and their father read out loud to the kids text messages I send their father and the step mother laughs and says bad things about me to the kids. It's horrible. I think a Dr. should look at the situation, the time the kids are with the mother and should know if someone is lying to him. If the children have been with the other over 5 plus years and they are fine, grades are good, social life is great, they are thriving and happy, a GOOD doctor would not mess that up by saying they should change their lives and go live with a father they hardly know half the time. I pray for my kids every day now that they'll survive this horrible life they have been dealt .

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I don't have the outcome of of my evaluation yet so who knows, my perspective may change if things don't go my way. I'm guessing most of the comments here were put by the losing parties. I would love to hear recommendations from the other sides as well. This being said, here has been my experience thus far. Dr. Davies has been on time for every appointment I've had with him. He had a very good "poker face" so to speak. He doesn't tell me whether he agrees with me or disagrees with me. He doesn't seem interested at taking sides, he seems to look at the problem and the way to fix the problem. I will say that I'm surprised he hasn't done any home visits, and to my knowledge has not contacted any of the references I've provided. I read all of these reviews before we started our evaluation, but I trust my counsel and he highly recommended Dr. Davies. I am going to not make assumptions about him based off what others say, as I hope he is not making his assumption and perceptions of me based off of my ex.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2014

Dr. Davies was terrible. It started with him starting the appointment more than 10-15 minutes late each time I was to meet with him. From there he was very male biased and did an extremely terrible job at playing a neutral party. He wouldn't take the time to listen to questions being asked before cutting me off trying to answer a question I wasn't even asking. Instead of taking the time to look at evidence provided he continually told me he wasn't there to determine which party was "telling the truth." However, this was a case where drugs were involved and it was his place to determine if that was fact because giving a recommendation to put a child into a home where drugs are being used is a huge deal with severe consequences, maybe not for him, but for my child. Anytime an example was given of a situation, the mother was always portrayed as the alcoholic and the irresponsible party. I WOULD NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS RECOMMEND THIS MAN.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I am another professional. I want to say that Custody Evaluations are extremely difficult to do, and invariably, one person will be dissatisfied. Dr. Davies is not a close friend of mine. But he is a good child psychologist with a good reputation among professionals in the community. There are few mental health professionals willing to provide child custody evaluations and the ones who do a poor job do not last for years and years. Please remember that the place to disagree with an evaluator is in court, so that his or her methods can be addressed at trial. The judge is the person who decides if an evaluator is biased, did a bad job and so forth. I just think that anyone who reads these comments should know that most of the evaluators in this town have done at least 200 custody evaluations or more. And I don't see 200 negative comments on here. I just felt the need to speak out, not just for Matt, but for all evaluators who do a thankless job in often a hostile environment.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2013

Dr. (and I use that title with much discomfort) Davies is not a psychologist you want to use if interested in a competent /professional evaluation or clinical services. He seems to be more of hired gun for attorneys’ seeking biased or predictive results. He tends to base his conclusions on selected information – he will perform psych testing, and then separate a couple responses from the battery as examples of his perspective and conclusion. He bases his clinical outcomes on a limited knowledge of the literature, rather choosing to refer to outdated and limited references and resources. He seems to ignore the wide body of other information available. Quite amazing this man still has his license. Do not use this man for any professional services. If you are involve with lawyers and opposing counsel wants to use Matt Davies. DO NOT AGREE!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2011

This man is dangerous not to mention rude. He actually provided examples of how "he" raised his children and what "his" values were instead of being unbiased. This was a custody evaluation. Basing an outcome on his personal values is highly unprofessional. Do not use him. He did not call references on either side of the evaluation. Do not use him if at all possible. This is the general feeling of everyone I spoke with concerning him over several years. This is 3 other couples. Very male biased. I can not say one positive thing about him.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2011