Ratings for Dr. Nidagalle Gowda

As a nurse of 42 years, I would never ever recommend him. All the negative reviews are right on target. The medication he prescribed gave me terrible side effects and I was much worse. His answer was to increase the dosage and insist I take it. When I looked up what the correct dosage should be, I realized he had overdosed me!! I wouldn't give this quack one star.....but this survey states I must. Otherwise he would get a big O.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Run, don't walk, away from this man. He is a major a-hole. Rude, curt, rushes you in and rushes you out. He treated my daughter for a year and never talked to her, looked at her or bothered to learn her name. The one time I questioned his medication choice he told me I was being obstinate and should find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Dr. Gowda is highly unprofessional. He has no receptionist in his office. They gave me an appointment on the phone, when I came to appointment said I wasn't in system. He said call that phone number and tell the manager. It was his personal business card. It appears wife at home answers and ruffles threw papers trying to find my appointment. He was rude in person. And his phone number manager (aka wife @ home?) was rude over the phone. Unbelievable lack of protocol.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Was given a prescription for my son that I was unable to fill date was for February 30th no such date

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

He is a criminal that misdiagnosed me as bipolar (because he barely took the time to speak with me and also has a huge manic chart next to his desk that he uses to coach people into being bipolar). Then when I threatened to sue him, he called the police to my house and said I called him making suicidal threats (I've never had a suicidal thought in my life). Luckily the police knew his story didn't add up but came because they still had to check just in case. I am now seeing a real Dr and found out I have aspergers syndrome. It's a good thing I didn't listen to Dr gowda and didn't take the meds he tried to put me on. I knew something wasn't right because I know many bipolar people and he could even answer if I was bipolar 1 or 2. This man should be in jail.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

Do not use Gowda, believe the many practically 100% neg.reviews. He doesn't listen,look at you or explain anything but how he wants to be paid. He lied to us. He likes to abuse,argue, make strange snide, rude comments. If you value your time,health, and self respect don't use him, WORST "Dr". ever. His credentials speak volumes!He needs mental help ASAP. What a fool.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2015

He is as arrogant,unprofessional, bullying as I have ever seen in s Dr patient relationship. He basically lied to us concerning his past experience. His disinterest will cause his patients grievous physical and mental harm. He is extremely difficult to deal with. He has the ' I'm always right,and you know nothing' approach to medicine. He does not make eye contact, smile or show a true concern for the problems. He is quick to temper, is very apt to engage you in an argument, which makes the patient's condition worsen. He pushes pills,paperwork,just to get paid. I wouldn't recommend him to Hitler,although they seem to have the same personalities, and mental problems. He's a @#$%&$#..quite simply, he needs mental help .very shocked he's lasted this lon . Avoid him at all cost.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

Ok so -- there is no staff at Dr. Gowda's office, which can be frustrating, but I did find it to be worth it. I see in other reviews that he doesn't spend a lot of time to patients or listen to their personal problems, but I've necer been to a psychiatrist that did much of that. Many people confuse psychiatry with therapy. Psychiatry is medication management for mental disorders. I found Dr. Gowda to be very kind and professional (besides the no staff thing) and instead of just prescribing me drugs right away like ALL my other doctors did, he had me get bloodwork and read more details about the mental disorders I had been diagnosed with. I'm sorry people but that's about as caring as a psychiatrist is going to get. He also always answers my calls about medications and it is easy to make last minute appointments to him. I would recommend him to friends but again, I would make sure they weren't confusing psychiatry with therapy. This isn't the era where you sit on a chaise lounge and tell a psych doctor your problems. That's slmethinng entirely different.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

In all my experience with dealing with professionals from various disciplines, I have never encountered a person that was blatantly rude. Dr. Gowda has no bedside manner....expects eye contact from small children yet scribbles notes the entire time without engaging the child patient in any manner. In the time that I've been with this practice, he hasn't made any attempt to establish a rapport with his patient. Moroever, he does not provide an opportunity to discuss the case or ask questions. Any feedback from the parent receives no consideration on his part and he quickly ushers you from his office. This is my first experience with a psychiatrist but I do not believe that this practice represents the quality and care that exists in the field. I would NOT recommend Dr. Gowda to my worst enemy. He isn't interested in helping his patients rather just completing paperwork to obtain his payments.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

this doctor NEVER listened to my problems. he was always in a rush & never truly paid attention to what i was trying to say. WORST DOCTOR EVER.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011